• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior installation - where did you buy the plastic barrier material and black putty adhesive for your car?

Never seen an original not tucked and taped. My '66
1966plysathp2ptl 033.jpg
1966plysathp2ptl 034.jpg
1966plysathp2ptl 035.jpg
1966plysathp2ptl 036.jpg
1966plysathp2ptl 037.jpg
1966plysathp2ptl 096.jpg
1966plysathp2ptl 097.jpg

Door glass adjusted and OE vapour barrier put back..
1966plysathp2ptl 098.jpg

Thanks for all of the ideas, I bought the complete set for $65 from Performance Car Graphics. Proper size and adhesive. Shout out to 72ls5fla.

Potential problems with "any" plastic sheeting, and mattress bags, they not UV resistant and it falls apart over time. Same with duct tape, the adhesive dries out and it falls off. Let's do repairs that will last.

I can hear the comments already, no sun behind door panel, car always in garage. This stuff is made to fail, not to last. Original Chrysler water shields don't fall apart under normal use.

I took door panels off at salvage yards and plastic bits went airborn and all over the area and inside the car, just a big mess. You wouldn't want that in your classic Looking at it it was a brown garbage bag.

@Dean Prevolos look at the door and quarter, at the bottom of each there is a long straight line that 2" of the plastic gets tucked in to. So water doesn't run out the bottom and inside the car.

3M strip caulk works great for this.
Thank s for this detail

I wouldn't get alarmed unless there was music and they showed a badge.
T-shirts are aways a nice touch.

Dum da dum dum
1715511352822.png

Auto Transport Service
Back