• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior kits??

CarKnockerJim

Local time
3:35 PM
Reaction score
I am helping my son restore a car he bought off a board member....its a 77 Charger SE.....who makes easy to install interior upholstery kits? I had used JCWhitney years ago and liked their product....but couldnt find their kits on their website....any suggestions?

JCWhitney used to have upholstery (seat covers) listed for Cordoba/Charger but, as you've discovered, they don't anymore. I suspect the bucket seats are the same ones use in the earlier E and B bodies but have had a surprisingly hard time confirming it. Most of the cats that I've talked to that have had thier seats recovered have gone with a custom upholstery shop. I'd sure like to know if any stock B and/or E body covers will work, factory button-tufted over-stufft-ed or not. I'd happily "settle" for a simpler, less baroque pattern. The back seat is what causes the sticking point though...even if you find replacements for the front, what about the back!?
I know a guy in the Seattle area thats done some custom Cordoba work. If you're interested let me know and I'll see if I can put you two in touch. The only reason I haven't had him do mine is cuz I aint gots no money.

the frames for the B Body high back buckets and seat backs are the same. what makes them different is the location of the seat release , the fabric pattern and the seat foam. the seat foam has to match the cover for the contours to match. i will go on a limb and say the same applies for the C and E bodies as well.

High back Leather!

I know a guy in the Seattle area thats done some custom Cordoba work. If you're interested let me know and I'll see if I can put you two in touch. The only reason I haven't had him do mine is cuz I aint gots no money.
Yep, know that guy too. And yeah, me gots no money either! :( Maybe someday?

thanks guys...I may look into a few other options here then have to go custom route if I keep striking out

Auto Transport Service
Back