• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front strut sleeves

cinciaz

Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
Doing front suspension rebuild on the 1971 Charger SE 383 4 speed car. When I got to the strut, I had to grind off the front flange on the stut sleeve to pull it out. The FSM does not show this type of flange. Also, I could not find anything on the internet, or this website about removal of this type of flange. So I figured I was going to use the old sleeve and get a washer to take the place of the flange. I bought a bushing kit from Moog (K7016A). The Rubber Bushings are to thick. Which will not let the front retainer slide on to the sleeve. As you can see in the pictures. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

IMG_7329.JPG
IMG_7330.JPG
IMG_7331.JPG
IMG_7332.JPG
IMG_7333.JPG
IMG_7334.JPG

The front and rear halves of the rubber bushings are different - a "male" and a "female". In other words there are two pairs. See if that's your issue.

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I do have the female bushing in the back and the male in the front per the FSM. Does anybody know where I could purchase slimmer bushings?

Post a measurement of your bushings. Keep in mind they have to compress. The sleeve is there to stop the nut so you don't over compress them.

I'm not seeing what the problem is.
The only slimmer bushings would be squashed out originals

Auto Transport Service
Back