• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior MFG Choices Quality Price etc

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:48 PM
Reaction score
Time to start buying interior carpet and seat covers and door panel covers (if they make them).

The plan is black carpet and white seats/panels for a 1970 Sport Satellite.

Who makes reasonable stuff?

Why do they offer both hook and loop and plush carpet? Wasn’t all carpet from Mopar hook and loop? Mass backing?

Did the Roadrunner GTX and Satellite have the same seat covers?

Leather wasn’t used in these cars right?

Thanks

Last edited:
Legendary. I doubt there is much better. Nothing is cheap. You get what you pay for.

For carpeting, believe it or not.... Rock Auto. From what I understand, all the carpet comes from one mfr, but for some reason, Rock Auto sells it for a whole lot less than everyone else. I have it in my Coronet, and it looks and fits great!

Sounds like a local shop would done faster. The wait is a long time from legendary.

I believe most vendors sell ACC carpet. The correct type for restoration is loop pile, it is offered in cut pile for those that aren’t concerned about correctness and want something plusher. I used mass backed loop pile when I replaced my carpet last fall. It’s a bit heavier but fits nicely and is supposed to be quieter.

The upholstery stitching pattern is different between models. In ‘69 the Roadrunner “Deluxe” interior, Sport Satellite and GTX seat covers are the same. The standard Roadrunner interior seat covers are different. Not sure about ‘70 models but I assume that the variations between models follow suit.

Having a white interior in my ‘58 Apache, be forewarned that there is a lot of upkeep if you drive it regularly.

Legendary for the seat covers and ACC makes most of not all the carpet. Seems like a 10 month wait give or take from legendary for covers.

Auto Transport Service
Back