• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Panel Repair Advice

Road Grabber

Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
I have a B - Body rear convertible panel that needs a crack/split repaired. I think it's plastic. I'd like to repair it with something that I can sand and later paint.

I was going to V groove it since it's a smooth surface , sand it flush and paint it. I figure it won't be noticeable if I V groove the front side and sand it flush. Then paint it.

I think if I just glue the back side when I paint it the crack will still be noticeable on the fish side.

What type of repair filler/adhesive would you recommend? Epoxy? Plastic model glue? Fiberglass? Boat gelcoat repair kit?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thank you

Try Lord Fusor extreme plastic repair kit, available at your local body paint supplier, it's good for TPO, TEO, PP, SMC, ABS and FRP.

Wow, plastic huh !?!?! Whoda thunk it !!

7DF49423-A853-4184-8165-E91B15BF4AB5.jpeg

AB585866-71AC-4AE8-BC99-3121776D9601.png

I have a B - Body rear convertible panel that needs a crack/split repaired. I think it's plastic. I'd like to repair it with something that I can sand and later paint.

I was going to V groove it since it's a smooth surface , sand it flush and paint it. I figure it won't be noticeable if I V groove the front side and sand it flush. Then paint it.

I think if I just glue the back side when I paint it the crack will still be noticeable on the fish side.

What type of repair filler/adhesive would you recommend? Epoxy? Plastic model glue? Fiberglass? Boat gelcoat repair kit?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thank you

Good luck with the repair, sounds like you have it handled.

Auto Transport Service
Back