• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Rear Window Trim?

dodge68charger

Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
Just Wondering How The Bottom Trim Fastens Into Place on 1969 Road Runner?

A859108E-844E-4BC4-BC04-AF3193AC109C.jpeg 1CA2349A-823A-4A29-8258-078AE25FF73E.jpeg

That interior piece is called a dam. Since putting one in my ‘68 GTX I learned that it is

(1) attached to the package tray with staples,

(2) the rear window needs to be already installed,

(3) the new repo ones are a hard plastic instead of rubber so they don’t bent easily,

(4) install on the hottest days or buildings you can find,

(5) yard sticks, long thin wood pieces and other make shift adapters with be useful because the package tray needs to be curved up in the center as you push from underneath to make the tray fit,

(6) the dam color is supposed to be black and not match the interior color,

(7) you’ll say some $hits & D@mns while installing so pace yourself.

Finally wait for a few more responses from members to give you their experience, expertise and guidance.

Thanks Guys.

How Do I Tell The Difference Between The Plymouth and Dodge One?

I Have a Few In My Parts Stash

The lower rear window interior trim I took out was made just like the sides/top. I did not have one attached to the package tray. The one I ordered from Classic attaches to the package tray. Did my 68 gtx have the wrong one in it? What an I missing? Can anyone with a 68 show me theirs?

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back