• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior trim clips

Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
I have a '65 Coronet 2 door hardtop. I am trying to fit the the wide piece of trim that covers the space between the windshield and the headliner. I think there is 4 screws and clips that hold this piece in. I have found two holes on one end which I think the clips fit in. I'm sure the other holes are under the headliner.
My question is, what holds these clips in the holes as the holes appear to be much larger than the tabs or pegs on the clip.
Also how do they fit in and stay in??
Are new clips available??
Picture or two would be ideal.
Thank you very much in advance for the help.
Rick

IMG_3942.JPG
IMG_3945.JPG
IMG_3946.JPG
IMG_3947.JPG
How many holes on your trim piece = the number of brackets you will need.
The rear tab on the bracket fits in the hole then you squeeze the front tab holding the bracket in place. After market ones are available but mine didn't fit. They were too long preventing the trim piece from fitting tight against the headliner. The old ones don't like to be bent over and over. I ended up modifying mine. The last pic is a modified version of what you ar looking for.

The clip snaps in to a 1/4 inch hole. (4) Then you need to squeeze the tabs together , that usually tightens them up in the hole. I did not trust the clip on its own , so I added a #8 sheet metal screw in the corner. See picture FYI this was done before the windshield was installed. I don't know how you would get those clips in securely any other way. If you don't get a decent picture, I can take one tomorrow.

20170606_170959.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to help. I don't think mine look like that. Mine have a slotted hole for the screw. They look like they clip in near the glass then 90' bend .

Look at my last pic and you can see the slotted hole. That's where your trim screw will go.

The clip snaps in to a 1/4 inch hole. (4) Then you need to squeeze the tabs together , that usually tightens them up in the hole. I did not trust the clip on its own , so I added a #8 sheet metal screw in the corner. See picture FYI this was done before the windshield was installed. I don't know how you would get those clips in securely any other way. If you don't get a decent picture, I can take one tomorrow.

View attachment 445104

Thunderlugs yes you are correct they do look like mine. When I posted my last reply I started before you posted and I was looking at the pic's Texas69bee had posted.
I didn't know these had to go in and just got the windshield in about three weeks ago.
Looks like I'm going to have to come up with plan B
Thanks guys

Thunderlugs yes you are correct they do look like mine. When I posted my last reply I started before you posted and I was looking at the pic's Texas69bee had posted.
I didn't know these had to go in and just got the windshield in about three weeks ago.
Looks like I'm going to have to come up with plan B
Thanks guys
Well if you need a pic to show exact placement.....let me know.

Auto Transport Service
Back