• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior trim clips??

bink220

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:51 PM
Reaction score
I'm trying to install the inside chrome trim around the back window of my 66 Belveder II, 2 door HT. Naturally the rear window is in along with the headliner. My problem is this, there doesn't seem to be screw holes in the car body for the trim mounting screes. I've placed the trim in place, secured it with masking tape, used a small pick to go through the screw hole on the trim to find a mounting hole, no hole on the car body. What did find at every alleged screw hole on the car body is a small square hole.

Are there clips that go in place where these little square holes are in the car body? I hope i don't have to remove the rear window and drop the headliner.

Any help, suggestions especially pictures would be appreciated. Thanks. Rick

These clips are designed and used for the windshield. I wish I knew they made new, I wouldn't have struggled re-using the old ones.... sigh. Anyway, I have no clue what is used for the back window? No clips are in the car. I'm at a loss right now. Hopefully someone has a picture of what is used for the back window? Any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for your help. Rick

Auto Transport Service
Back