• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Investing in gold and silver

I shoulda coulda woulda bought Tesla 2 years ago.:lol::lol: One thing government pissing away money is inflationary question is how bad it gets. Remember the 70's? Ground beef went from $1.29 a lbs to $3.00 plus.

Last edited:
put cho money where yo mouph is.......bitch

il_fullxfull.1027515035_szwa.jpg

When they are spending money a trillion dollars at a wack,the dollar is done! Ripe for China's picking. That's why they sent us the virus. That said, gold may be a good option, forget about collecting classic cars, they will be outlawed and reduced to scrap value in the first term!

Are they related to Mike?
No, I think you are getting confused with the Litorus family fortune. :)

Surely silver dollars with the high content of silver would be easily traded in the future...and relatively easy to store at home.
Gold while being more expensive per coin would still be better in either 'One Troy ounce' ingots, of gold coins such as Kruger Rands.

The problem with bullion is it can be counterfeited. Because of that, it will need to be assayed at the time of sale and 10% is the going rate for assaying. That, in my opinion, is a big hit. A silver dime needs no assay.
US currency is non-negotiable. It cannot be refused as payment.

Krugerrands are good. They are fairly well known and trustworthy. I've seen a simple plastic balance scale that has a slot for the coin to pass through and a spot to place the coin so the scale balances. If the coin is not pure gold, it will be too large to fit through the slot.
If you are rich, $1,800 for a one inch disk is okay, but how does one spend $900 of it if the other trader does not have the proper change?

I agree with 14 and 18. I have some physical gold and silver. It fluctuates but always has value, UNTIL SHTF, then it’s worth NOTHING.
If you’re saving in case society collapses buy ammo. Common calibers will be worth more then gold.

Excuse me Gentelmen, but if the world comes to the point that we have to rely on Gold and
Silver to pay our bills or keep us from the Chinese, I wll have to rely on my firearms and
ammo to keep my Family and myself safe. I hope and pray it never comes to that.

By lead & lots of it, :lol:
especially in brass casings
... :carrot:

great for the future...

I do have some gold & some silver,
physical gold & silver
But diversity is best don't put too much in any one thing
commodities or not

talk with an investment professional
I use Edwards Jones they have served me well
I have some with Prudential also...

again diversified,
not all your eggs in any "one basket"

Years ago i started buying 1 ounce American Eagle gold coins when gold was in the $400.00 an ounce range.
Now, the last i looked, gold is going for over $1,800.00 an ounce.
I think i have done well, as investment in my old age retirement, living on money, in the future.

Good for you!

As of today, gold is $1,847.51 per ounce, which leads one to ask if it is worth getting into at this time?

Good for you!

As of today, gold is $1,847.51 per ounce, which leads one to ask if it is worth getting into at this time?

I would say now is not the time. Just my opinion.

I did buy gold way back in 2008 when it was $1800 with the speculation that it would go over $2000 but it never did.

I should bought more when it dropped to $1300

Gold is considered to be a hedge against market instability, or the devaluation of the dollar. What many don’t understand is that gold is far more volatile than the dollar. Gold to me is not an investment, despite being a currency, you cannot pay your mortgage with gold. Some people feel more comfortable knowing they have some gold. If you feel that way, go for it and store it at home. If gold is your, the world's ending back up, do you really want to store it somewhere out of your control. There is Capital Gains of up to 28% on any gold, collectible or not, It's taxed and so is ETFs that hold gold. So if you feel better at night because you believe the world is ending, then buy, not me. When the **** hits the fan, try cutting off a few slivers of gold to buy a loaf of bread, a gun would work better. At the end of the day, I don't have all the answers, ask 10 people and get 10 different answers, for me, It's not gold. Like the market, It's a gamble, but, I'll bet on the market. Besides, when the world ends, gold or no gold, we're all screwed. Just my opinion.

Now is always the best time to buy. It is called averaging. You take the total of your purchasing over time and average the cost together. Over time the lows and the highs will "average " out. You don't win or lose until you liquidate. Just like selling your house. The market only matters on the day you sell.
Silver makes better, cheaper bullets if it ever comes to that. And you can make more for your dollar. Bullion is worth the same whether it is in bar, coin or "bullet" form.
Just make sure that whatever you have, that you must have it in your physical possession to matter. Junk silver is the best form for trade. Everyone trusts US coinage and it is already in recognized denominations of value. Silver dimes and quarters probably the best and easiest to acquire.

I bought 100 Troy ounces of silver once. Think I paid 300 for it. I also bought 10 guns from the same guy for 2000. Put it all in my gun safe and forgot about the silver

Just think about one thing, If the S##T hits the fan you need an actual market to sell it just
like Bitcoin. You need a buyer and a seller. If it all goes to hell in a handbasket there will be no
buyers.

Gold is not tied to the Dollar anymore. Gold goes up and down slowly.
If you have alot of years to just forget about it, you're not "investing",
you're lazy. Yes, when Gold was $300.00/ounce it was a no brainer to
buy it up, but you had to wait so many years for it to make you any
Moola. Get a financial advisor to sit down with you and you can discuss
your age, amount of monies you have to invest, and your time frame.
Everyone is different, but Gold right now is nearing the top of it's historical
highs. If you are 60 or older, you need to own Dividend stocks like AT&T
that pays you $0.52/share per quarter so you have an income stream. If
you are younger, this same stock could buy you more shares of stock every
quarter until you are retirement age. For me, Gold is a gamble. Good luck!
Gold is tied directly to the dollar.
Its value is based on the value of a dollar when the dollar has no value neither does gold.

Auto Transport Service
Back