• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Irritated with Year One

Queen B

Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
Ok so I've been trying for over a month to get the GTX emblem for my grill. Now this part is in Year One's catalog but do you think they would have it.. How bout called those jokers 3 times "oh its on back order" REALLY!! you dont say... For how freekin long!! Is there another Dealer that has this item? I've been collecting parts for this girl for a very long time and when we finally take her back down for a proper restoration I want all my parts there and waiting NOT on freekin back order!!!

oh yea I know y'all like pictures and Im proud of my Mopar...LOL :headbang:
me.JPG

Hey Queenie, you need to ditch those guys and cancel the order. Call up some of our sponsors here they'll hook you up quick. Dixie restorations is one I routinely have used in the past.

Hey Queenie, you need to ditch those guys and cancel the order. Call up some of our sponsors here they'll hook you up quick. Dixie restorations is one I routinely have used in the past.

Thank you!!! Definatley will be looking into this..

Mancini Racing use to sell some restoration trim pieces too, you could call & see availability thru them also, I've gotten a few thing from them over the years {trim type pieces} I'm not sure who makes them for Mancini Racing, maybe they could steer you to where to get the emblems directly... http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/

Just bought some emblems from Mr Moparts. They even had the elusive 1970 qtr panel emblems!

Year one sells mopar parts???

I thought they just sold car dusters and GM rally wheels?

What is it with these guys now? The more I read about Year One, the worse it gets.

When I owned my restoration shop back in the late '90, early century, they were the go to vendor, everything as advertised, excellent customer service, everything shipped promptly. I needed a top for a '66 Buick LeSabre with a plastic curtain (the LeSabres had glass, but the mechanism for laying the glass down was missing and the owner didn't want to replace it). Year One didn't have it, but within a couple of hours of talking to them, they had a lead on one and sent me to another vendor to get it.

My god...

I just browsed their website out of curiosity.

See, I ordered a couple parts from other vendors yesterday and I wanted to see how year one's pricing compared.

N96 air grabber to air cleaner seal (the big rubber oval) I ordered from Herbs parts for 85 bucks. Year one has it for $165.99

The fastener kit to attach said air grabber seal: herbs sold it for $29. year one price is $45.99

A new yellow cap battery (S24MY) Summit racing had it for $209 with free shipping. Year one price for the very same item, $315.99 plus shipping.

:icon_scratch:

I've had some issues with Year One also. My suspicion is that as the restoration business has been declining over the past couple of years, they are not keeping things in stock as much anymore and relying on secondary vendors to drop ship for them, which is why they can't tell you when new ones will be in stock because they have no way of knowing.

It could be ironic that Year One, which was the first major re-pop distributor, could also be the first one out the door.

Year one sells mopar parts???

I thought they just sold car dusters and GM rally wheels?

at the time year one was the only place I could find this emblem. Its the gtx emblem for the grill and for some reason that one emblem is hard to find.. Well it has been for me anyways..

I haven't ordered anything from year one in a loooong time, too many other good vendors with better pricing out there, just have to shop a bit.

Nice pic Queenie!

Tony's Mopar parts is very good to just ordered a NOS GTX grill badge for my 68' from him he's got tons of nos parts and well as used and repop stuff !:headbang:

I've had some issues with Year One also. My suspicion is that as the restoration business has been declining over the past couple of years, they are not keeping things in stock as much anymore and relying on secondary vendors to drop ship for them, which is why they can't tell you when new ones will be in stock because they have no way of knowing.

It could be ironic that Year One, which was the first major re-pop distributor, could also be the first one out the door.

Kind of the way of the world now of days though. Gotta keep your overhead low as possible. Most companies either start cutting people or start cutting inventory.

Unfortunately, we are also out-of-stock on that emblem.

The original manufacturer of a large number of the reproduction Mopar emblems closed their doors and went out of business a couple of years ago. As far as I know, all that is available is the remaining supply from whomever might have some still in stock on their shelves. I do know manufacturers are starting to produce some emblems in limited quantities, but it might take a while for all of the various model applications to become available again.

Year One pissed me off over 20 years ago over a freaking catalog. My wife ordered new carpet, headliner and a bunch of other stuff for my 71 Cuda. Can't remember the exact amount of money that was spent but it was nearly 1000 bucks and she asked for a up to date catalog since she borrowed one from a buddy of mine to make the order. They didn't send one and then wanted me to pay for it when I called about it. I know that sounds kinda trivial but man, you can't send me something like a freaking catalog so I can maybe buy more parts from you?? Cheap bastids in my book and apparently don't want my business. Maybe they treat everyone like that but I usually get catalogs from everyone else after making a purchase or just plain calling and asking for one.

Year One pissed me off over 20 years ago over a freaking catalog. My wife ordered new carpet, headliner and a bunch of other stuff for my 71 Cuda. Can't remember the exact amount of money that was spent but it was nearly 1000 bucks and she asked for a up to date catalog since she borrowed one from a buddy of mine to make the order. They didn't send one and then wanted me to pay for it when I called about it. I know that sounds kinda trivial but man, you can't send me something like a freaking catalog so I can maybe buy more parts from you?? Cheap bastids in my book and apparently don't want my business. Maybe they treat everyone like that but I usually get catalogs from everyone else after making a purchase or just plain calling and asking for one.

Yes!! I get new catalogs every year and Year One is the only one that will not send out new catalogs. Thats ok tho Im gonna keep on looking..

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't ordered anything from year one in a loooong time, too many other good vendors with better pricing out there, just have to shop a bit.

Nice pic Queenie!

Thank You! They just made me mad with all the BS. LOL just tell me straight we dont got it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Heck yea finally!! Thank you so much for the help!!

had problems in the past when I had the shop , with them they really don't care ,they figure there is always someone else that will step up to the plate to fill and order ,there head swelled up a little to big I think

I have pent close to $80,000 with year one going back to 1994. Shipping on item were double the price of the item most of the time.
So after year one stated they had the product in stock and never shipped it I decided to try and find it else where.
Well after a little research, I did find it and realized that year one just buys the parts from other venders and the manufacturer where you can buy the same part for 1/2 the price.
Lesson learned. Haven't bought a part from year on since 2000
THERE SHIPPING PRICES ARE RIDICULOUS.

Auto Transport Service
Back