• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is it worth $4500 64 dodge 440

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
bodies done and painted has dash and grill might have bumpers and front/back glass has 8 3/4 rear. says had a 413 engine
0344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=bMaoJ_PPd-gAX_8_vzL&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg

I would think so, as long as it does have the other stuff you mentioned. One of my favorite body styles !

I would say yes for sure. An expensive Road ahead to complete it but body and paint are always super expensive (currently going through it on 64 Plymouth)

He said he would send me pics,said it was a whole car before work was done but Ive heard that before. no seats

Yes, if the body is actually solid/finished and includes the parts. 440'

Good price if the car is fairly solid. Ask about the cowl- if it is rotten they are VERY hard to find, as are some of the other parts (good metal bumpers are also hard to find). Still, I would go for it myself. Lots of fiberglass pieces out there. Can always make a cool street/strip car out of her!

Last edited:
It’s worth 4500 for sure. Probably has more than that in paint and body work

Depending on what it comes with and if you don't have to strip the paint off to fix what's underneath. I wouldn't buy it without personally looking at it.

Yes. Love 64's so much I keep dreaming about this one on Facebook. But very sound advice about rust and realistic expectations on this site for sure.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...e=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

View attachment 1209257
That poor old convertible; bet she could tell a few good stories. The other 64' with the "Dirty Harry" windshield is interesting.
Even at that price for both, it would still be a $$$high dollar$$$ resto on the convert. Super cool though!

Last edited:
Depending on what it comes with and if you don't have to strip the paint off to fix what's underneath. I wouldn't buy it without personally looking at it.
Of course, that's a prerequisite. "Never buy without an eye" as I say. But, if it's a solid body with quality metal and paint work, I'd go with a yay vote.

I would take the drive to look at it 2 1/2 hours , but thinking how things are getting crazy on part prices it would be to deep for me. The OCD would get the best of me.

Auto Transport Service
Back