• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is the word 'perfect' the new replacement for....

I thought “super” was their favorite word. As in, this is super fun or this is super big or this line is super long. Terrible!
Yup...heard it used many times too but not lately.....and have heard it used by itself like the 'perfect' expression. Think I'd rather hear 'super' than 'perfect' because there really isn't very much stuff around that's perfect! :D

Awesome is often used by the mom's describing something the kids do (or don't lol) and usually followed up with a participation trophy. Enjoy it kids. It's the only time in your life you get a trophy for loosing.
:rofl: At least get a small trophy for coming in second or the first loser. IMO, the winner is diminished for being the winner when everyone gets the same trophy. It's like 'why try hard when I'm getting the same reward as everybody else' bs. I know I see the effects of my kids that got caught in that crap. My youngest has that lousy attitude and expected me to pay her way in everything. She even bitched about the oldest getting a car and she didn't. The oldest didn't go to college and if anything, the oldest should have got a LOT more than the youngest one got. Hell, I still have some college debt from the youngest and she didn't even finish!!

It also makes my teeth grate when women on the shows in particular draw out a word to make what they are describing as being even bigger and better than it really is.
Sometimes I have enough time to go the bathroom and back before the word is finished. :lol:
Thank you. Hit the nail on the head.

"Perfect is the enemy of good."
( Words for those with OCD to remember. )

Could be
(Unfortunately, I hear it every Monday Night, my 85 y/o dad loves that ****)

The Miz, I blame him & his genre & his generation
his intro for years now

"I am Awesome"

I watched the tail-end of an HGTV renovation show last night......and I lost count of how many times the wife said 'awesome' (or should I say 'Arseham') due to the accent.
It also makes my teeth grate when women on the shows in particular draw out a word to make what they are describing as being even bigger and better than it really is.
Sometimes I have enough time to go the bathroom and back before the word is finished. :lol:
We had a waitress a few years ago who wouldn't stop saying "Awesome". Instead of acknowledging that she heard you when you said something by saying "ok" (or something similar) she responded with "Awesome" to everything. Between our table and the one near us she was waiting on, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to estimate that she said it at least 60 times.

The one that gets me is "Literally". The people who use that all the time LITERALLY don't understand what the word even means. :p

Last edited:
I first thought PA was for Public Accountant, and she is saying my books are ''Awesome'' and I will stay out of jail. I never thought in medical terms.

I first thought PA was for Public Accountant, and she is saying my books are ''Awesome'' and I will stay out of jail. I never thought in medical terms.
Been a lot of years now that I first heard it and thought the same thing. In fact I had to has what a 'PA' was when I heard it said at a doctor's office.

CPA is preferred. Non Certified is nothing more than a bookkeeper.

Like, I really like totally think like you guys like are totally like absolutely like spot on. Like it totally pisses me off when like someone just uses like the same word like again and again. It's like hard to like listen to like what they are like even trying to like say.
(Please remember to like and subscribe!)

Like, I really like totally think like you guys like are totally like absolutely like spot on. Like it totally pisses me off when like someone just uses like the same word like again and again. It's like hard to like listen to like what they are like even trying to like say.
(Please remember to like and subscribe!)
True that.

I hate my generation, and HGTV :(.

Thanks to them that rusty pile of tin someone has had for decades laying around, and would probably give it away is “rustic” and “farmhouse” and now worth gold.

I hate my generation, and HGTV :(.

Thanks to them that rusty pile of tin someone has had for decades laying around, and would probably give it away is “rustic” and “farmhouse” and now worth gold.
:lol: But it had "patina"

Auto Transport Service
Back