• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there anyone who didn't have a least one Hot Wheels car?

I had the Hot Wheels cars and tracks when I was a kid. All were given away to another kid years / decades ago. Now they are all over my basement as my grandson has a bunch. They endure.

Me. Hot wheel after my time for shelf dust collectors.

I owned the very first redlines . I bought from the estate of the mattel engineer that worked for mattel in the mid sixties.

They were the beginnings of what hotwheels are today . Ill post pictures of the Mustang and Camaro this evening. They did make there way to a prototype collector.

I was 9, in 1968
I had 100's
I had probably a mile of track
I had a bunch of different options, garages etc. too
by the time I was all done

I gave it all to my oldest nephew, when he was 4-5
he played with them for a while too
but ended up trading them for stuff he wanted

I wish I still had some of it today

fond memories of them as a young boy

These would be the very first.. The Mustang is the very First for the Hotwheels very early 1967.. Blank Base.... check out the base of the Camaro,, :)

DSC01496_zps5lbefdqz.jpg

DSC01499_zps3fbxon43.jpg

Now the Camaro... all Camaros have Custom Camaro on the Base..

DSC01488_zpskvuuuhdi.jpg

DSC01495_zpsznuvwgv0.jpg

A Classic Nomad.. Prototype.. White back plates and Wheels..

DSCF6015.jpg

A purple Deora Skyshow..

DSC00558.JPG

I still collect;; But Ive had a passion for Guitars and mandolins as well..

DSCF9457.jpg

fullsizeoutput_74.jpeg

I had a boat load when I was a kid but not sure where they went. I liked the sizzlers remember those.
The grandson and I set up a track when he is here the shop becomes Hot Wheels bracket racing double elimination.

Here's a new one to keep an eye out for......Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Little Red Express.....too bad the stacks aren't chromed....

IM007928.JPG

i used to make a killing selling old redlines and promos from the shell stations.
for those of you who still have original issue redlines,go look up the prices on Ebay!!
and for that guy who bought the estate sale out and got the prototypes,
i Seriously hope you got paid well,they are almost stratospherically priced.
the bus alone i think was going for a 100k.

Never owned one or desired to, I always lusted for the "real thing".

i used to make a killing selling old redlines and promos from the shell stations.
for those of you who still have original issue redlines,go look up the prices on Ebay!!
and for that guy who bought the estate sale out and got the prototypes,
i Seriously hope you got paid well,they are almost stratospherically priced.
the bus alone i think was going for a 100k.
I did well . put it this way .I bought a 68 california special from one car. And a 66 Charger from the other. Both original paint cars. I know both charactures that own the two buses .There good guys . There Rare buses as well.

thumbnail_JLMC012-BarnFind-1970DodgeSuperBee_VersionB__90602.1519410556.jpg
Had lots of Hot Wheels growing up, but my Johnny Lightning cars were faster.

3,000 you say? :rofl: At one point I had nearly 8,000....started selling some off a few years ago. They are fun to collect, but then after a while it becomes more than an addition...more of a disease. :D
I started opening a bunch to display in my garage.

View attachment 663419

View attachment 663420

View attachment 663421

View attachment 663422

View attachment 663423

View attachment 663424

View attachment 663425

View attachment 663426

View attachment 663427

and many more.....:lol:

View attachment 663418

Holy **** Rog!! I knew you had a few hot wheels, but damn!!

DAAAAAAMN.jpg

Never owned any - that is until I bought a hard to find part from Kiwi. When he shipped it he included a hot wheel GTX. I’m pretty sure at the time he knew I owned a GTX - but not the details. What was really cool was the car he sent me was a replica of my real GTX - correct color and all. Of course I still have both. I thought that was pretty cool of him. And the part I needed - well he wouldn’t take payment for that either. Good guy alert!

Never had one. We bought 1:24 plastic models and glued them, and our fingers. Racing models got the match. We would heat the fender and bend it so it looked like it got into an accident. Sometimes it went up in flames, really bad crash. My brothers wife has a couple thousand hot wheel models. She has purchased complete displays from stores over many years.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've been collecting redline hotwheels 1968-72 for over 20 years. I have over 400 displayed in my house. I love 'em. Now, bc they are so expensive, I gladly buy the restored redline HW's and they look great next to my original ones bc I only buy quality restorations. I have a few original orange track sets in my basement. I also have my original matchbox collection, but the old hotwheels really do it for me.

Have some redlines from when I was a kid , still have them and still love them .
I have a few of my toys still wish I had kids who wanted to play still .
I guess I'll have to wait for gran kids next .

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back