• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this 440 intake any good?

That's the perfect intake for 69 B-body with the Air Grabber and works fine for some easy low 12 passes. RPM wont fit under the Air Grabber.

it depends on what u want to do with it ? r u racing or just driving ? the one is a duel plane intake & the other isn't(i dont remember witch one os what) . then if u have the one over the other & u want to save $$$$$ u use what u have . the other thing to watch for is warpage . i had a older mopar performance on a 440 & after i took it off the intake bolts would not line up on the heads . everyone told me the heads was cut too much & i had to get the intake milled to match the heads . as it turned out the aluminum was badly warped . i put a stock cast torn intake on & everything lined up jus fine
The Performer RPM is also a dual plane intake.....but it is taller than the Performer enough to have hood clearance issues on some if not all Mopars.

I ran one on a re-ringed 68 440 short block that had a Crower 271-hdp cam and stock 346 heads in my 68 Satellite.
Went mid-12’s.
Really snappy throttle response.

Just an FYI. Improper torquing and tightening sequence can also cause aluminum intakes to warp.

The Performer RPM is also a dual plane intake.....but it is taller than the Performer enough to have hood clearance issues on some if not all Mopars.
Just looked it up and Edelbrock says the Performer RPM is 1.7" taller than stock intakes, so yep - hood clearance
on some cars and a definite challenge with fresh air packages.

Interestingly, their site doesn't even show the old Performer (no "RPM" part) at the moment, but it does
still show the Performer 440 as well as all the Victor series.
Sadly, also some "Out of Stock" notices on several of them.

I have one for 383 and right now won't let it out of my sight.
Mebs,
Your in here! Glad to hear you still have the beeper. My garbage is being put back together and should be driving in a couple three weeks yo! I'm not using the funky blue thing, it's only a model. AVS for now until the dual quad thing arrives. Maybe see you around the FFiles.
Fry

20220730_132222.jpg

20220730_125420.jpg

20220724_163408.jpg

20220722_155400.jpg

20220730_123141.jpg

20220730_103258.jpg

I bought a used one at Indy Swap Meet about 4 years ago for $100. I ground all the Edelbrock stuff off of it and painted it engine colour to pass it off as stock.

Mebs,
Your in here! Glad to hear you still have the beeper. My garbage is being put back together and should be driving in a couple three weeks yo! I'm not using the funky blue thing, it's only a model. AVS for now until the dual quad thing arrives. Maybe see you around the FFiles.
Fry

View attachment 1326825

View attachment 1326826

View attachment 1326827

View attachment 1326828

View attachment 1326830

View attachment 1326831

Howdy Mr. Fry. Awesome car, Xcellent rifel. :)

Hi Joe,

I tried to send you a private message, but your inbox is full. I am actually looking for a decent used intake for a 1968 Dodge Charger R/T I am redoing for the original owner; we are upgrading the exhaust and possibly the intake. If you still have the Performer 440, or another aluminum intake that still has the choke pocket on it, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back