• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this car legit?

jamie

Local time
9:07 AM
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raD7vLnCDCM

I have a list of things that stand out to me but I am no expert.

Hood without cutouts for ramcharger and no ramcharger induction
Turn signal indicators on fenders
R/T badges on quarter
Dash?? Did some come without rally dash?

Nice car though

I'm no expert ether but dang nice car I wouldn't mind that one taking up room in the garage not a huge fan of the red interior but hey that's an easy fix

Hood questionable,the rest are correct except the wheels,69 would have had trim ring,full chrome are 67/8 only.

I personally know Alan who owns this car. He told me that did most of the work on it himself. He's a genuine "Mopar" guy. His car looks great too. It was featured in one of the Mopar magazines a few years back.

As far as the options are concerned, I honestly can't give you an answer there.

- - - Updated - - -

He did mention that he was docked points for the wheels when his car was judged.

Yeah it's really a nice car.I was just wondering about how it was badged and optioned.Did they really come this way?

the ramcharger air/scoop thingy was an option; not standard.

So they could come with scoops without the ramcharger setup under the hood? Interesting.

So they could come with scoops without the ramcharger setup under the hood? Interesting.
scoop cars had the ramcharger stuff. power bulge had the unsilenced air cleaner. no mixing and matching.

Awesome car. Any color interior[except black] is good to go, for me.

Last edited:
It's a hell of a nice car even if it's not 100% correct. I'd be proud of it if I owned it.

Has a '70 style voltage regulator installed on the car, not the proper '69 regulator. Ramcharger hoods were an option, but that is NOT a true N96 hood on this car, merely a stock Coronet flat hood with scoops added to the top of the hood. If it was a real N96 car, it would have the underhood airbox and the air cleaner assembly would be different as well. Also, the spare is NOT the original as the narrator so astutely states in the video. As far as that goes, all the tires are reproductions obviously, and the wheels are too, they are not originals. What's even more disturbing is that this car has a tail stripe WITH the pot metal R/T emblem installed over the top of it. I have never seen this before. Either you have a tail stripe that has an R/T within the stripe itself, or you have a stripe delete car which then uses the pot medal R/T emblem instead of the stripe, not both.

With all the obvious problems with this car, I stopped looking for more. Don't take me wrong, it IS a nice car, but not nearly a correct car. Who knows what other liberties were taken on the resto-MOD (not a restoration) on this car.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they couldn't come that way. Hood is a fake with the N96 scoops added to the top side.

I don't find it "disturbing" that there is a stripe with the metal emblem; most likely it was a factory cost saver to leave the R/T emblem off when the stripe already had the same image, but it still looks nice to have it there.

I don't find it "disturbing" that there is a stripe with the metal emblem; most likely it was a factory cost saver to leave the R/T emblem off when the stripe already had the same image, but it still looks nice to have it there.

OK, disturbing is not the proper word then. What I was attempting to convey is that this is NOT correct or as per factory procedure.

Yes, the car looks NICE. But not correct, and OP asked if the car was "legit".

Too bad we can't see the fender tag.

Didn't the grill come with silver argent on the bezels?

Is this supposed to be a concourse car? I looked at it as a resto-mod (like my GTX) and think it's a great car. I guess that's what was meant by legit. Not perfect to the perfectionist eye - but as many have said still a beautiful car.

Yep, it is still a beautiful car. I'm not sure what the OP was looking for but he was stating things on the car that didn't seem correct so he got a list of what others had noticed. Some things are not as big a deal as others but I think the fake scoops are a little over the top.

Yep, it is still a beautiful car. I'm not sure what the OP was looking for but he was stating things on the car that didn't seem correct so he got a list of what others had noticed. Some things are not as big a deal as others but I think the fake scoops are a little over the top.

I am putting together a 1969 coronet 500 convertible.It will be converted to an R/T clone and will be shown and stated that it is a clone, not pawned off as a real one.

The owner of the car I am building was interested in fender turn indicators and I said I didn't think they were offered with the ram scoop option.

We would both like it to be somewhat correct in the outward appearance and when I ran across this video it made me wonder about the available options.

It seems this car is in the chrysler registry and my thinking was that if someone were to register it there and restore it,they would make it correct but that was just my first thought when I saw the plaque with the history etc.

I think the car looks awesome.I was only asking about the options for my own personal history lesson on these.

I am NOT trying to offend the owner or cut down the car at all.Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back