• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It feels like Mother Nature just gave me a hundred bucks.

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:23 AM
Reaction score
Daylight Saving Time.
I LOVE this time of year. Warmer weather, longer afternoon sunlight, Winter is fading in the rearview mirror.
Fantastic!

I know who took mine. And no chance of getting it back.

Forward is easy! I use to hate nights at the glass plant when I had to get all the punch clocks back an hour in the Fall, before 7AM and with the correct day and date, so everyone could punch out and in for the next shift!

Agree Kern but a stupid ******* policy to switch back and forth to begin with IMHO.
Thank the Nixon administration.

Daylight Saving Time.
I LOVE this time of year. Warmer weather, longer afternoon sunlight, Winter is fading in the rearview mirror.
Fantastic!
My wife and I were just discussing the situation in the same positive form, nice!

An hour here and an hour there - being retired it makes little difference to me. But I’d still wish we’d bail on this policy. Can’t really see the benefit of it anyway. Never could.

An hour here and an hour there - being retired it makes little difference to me. But I’d still wish we’d bail on this policy. Can’t really see the benefit of it anyway. Never could.
Agree X'd.
BTW, don't rub the retired thing in too hard on the rest of us slobs still swinging away.
Vert soon here though, very soon.

The gains I feel now seem to be minimal compared to the payback we do in the fall.
Don't get me wrong, I love gaining the afternoon daylight.
I just hate seeing the sun go down earlier in the fall and when the bill for DST comes due in early November, It really sucks!

I drove the Charger to work today....
R T 8.jpg

The Spring loss of an hour means nothing to me. I sleep in on weekends so it isn't like I'd miss it.

When I worked in England, doing a night shift at the change of times - both ends of the year, was a win. Doing a 12hr shift when the clocks changed...clocks go forward we would do 11 hours, but get paid for 12, and clocks going back, we would book the extra hour and get paid for 13. The dummies never caught onto that one. :D

We had such a tight crew, we covered each others days off, and got Time & a half for it. Always sharing the time off to make sure we all cashed in. The hardest bit about DS time was the sun coming up at 4am....and getting dark after 10:30pm....hard to sleep on the days off.

But like Jase above, I live near the beach, and getting home around 4:30pm makes for a lot of useful time to play...or work in the yard. Our local boat ramp gets busy around 3pm onwards on good weather days. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back