• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It wants to stall upon fast braking and on downhill slopes...

I've seen holley DP's tapped with copper tubing from primary to secondary bowls to equalize fore/aft. but must be something simple, maybe the demon doesnt require float height in the middle of the sight glass I would check the manual.

I've seen holley DP's tapped with copper tubing from primary to secondary bowls to equalize fore/aft. but must be something simple, maybe the demon doesnt require float height in the middle of the sight glass I would check the manual.
It has nothing to do with equalizing anything.... It has to do with raising the height of the bowl vents so fuel doesn't slosh out..

While these Barry Grant carburetors are similar to the Holley models, there are some differences.

493 J.jpg

To connect the two vents would require some type of small diameter hard line to be pressed into the vent "stands" that these have.

While these Barry Grant carburetors are similar to the Holley models, there are some differences.

View attachment 1366420

To connect the two vents would require some type of small diameter hard line to be pressed into the vent "stands" that these have.
Was looking at that in the previous pic of the way the vents are made....looks like a slight taper. If you have dial calipers you can measure the ID petty easily and go from there and can possible slip some tubing into them.

That would be easy enough but as others have mentioned the baffles or whistles would likely solve it too

Quick Fuel 59-10QFT "Shortie" Vent Whistle 59-10
If he has any small tubing laying around that fits and a tubing bender, it's a no money spent deal to find out....or lower the fuel level a bit....another no money spent try. If the tube is bent right it wouldn't need to be epoxied in. Grind a slot at the top of the curve, debur it, blow it out and done plus wouldn't have to pay who knows what on shipping or wait for them a month.

So Demon says fuel level should be in the middle of the sight glass?
I've been fiddling with stuff on the car today. Moments ago I finally looked at the front and rear sight glasses in the carburetor.

493 K (2).jpg

These have horizontal grooves at the middle to help gauge fuel level. The front was above the line by about 3/16" and the rear was at the top of the sight glass. Chances are, it IS sloshing up and out on hard braking. I'll lower the float level and see how that changes things.

Here we go.....

Auto Transport Service
Back