• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It you Own a '62 Raise your Hand

toms62p

here is mine

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 718
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 577
And a 62 Plymouth Savoy grocery getter....

SDC11134.jpg

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 22
Nice old Dodge you have there. Slap a 413 in there, put the shifter on the floor and viola, instant Max Wedge :)

Hi Stumper!
That's the plan!! :icon_biggrin: I just started to look around for the right parts, i will need for the swap. Not easy in Germany....

Just why you said it, with the 4 on the floor;

Is there a way, to keep the column shift??
A 3-speed Trans thats strong enough for a nice RB Big Block
Or is it possible to make a 4 on the tree???
I heard about the T-85 3 Speed Trans, but they seem to be very very rare..
Ford and Mercury had Transmissions called T-85 in the 50s, are these the same??

And Stumper, your '62 is outstanding!!!! I love it!!!

I can imagine how difficult it is to find parts for that car over there. It's difficult enough over here.
If I recall correctly the original 62' Max Wedge cars that were standard shift used a BW T-85 three speed heavy duty transmission, on the floor. There was a "standard" and a heavy duty version of this 3 spd. so the one you have is probably the standard version. I have never seen a 4 speed column shift on an American car. The only place I ever saw that was in Germany. I had a 69' Audi when I was there with a "4 on the tree" and an old European Ford Tanus ( I think?).
Thanks for the compliments on my grocery getter..... :) and good luck with your project. While it might be difficult to ship parts from here over, there's quite a few guys here that are more than willing to help where they can, me included.

I love the 62 darts! working on one myself, I'll see if this works and try to post a pic.don't think it worked.I'll try later

Attachments

• CIMG2781.jpg
    CIMG2781.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 703
It worked! :icon_winkle:
What would I give for that beautiful color combination!!

Both hands up here in Australia

My 62, just a beautiful find.
Original project was to shoehorn a 426, now have gone on to 528, 2500hp, blown, still street registered, see my gallery for the original pics.
To all my fellows 62 ers, great to see the pics of various styles, just wonderful.

Attachments

• dodge small 008.jpg
    dodge small 008.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 511
  • dodge 004 - Copy small.jpg
    dodge 004 - Copy small.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 460
  • Arrival Day 2.jpg
    Arrival Day 2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 461
  • Arrival day.JPG
    Arrival day.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 474
Cool cars guys!:yourock:

Only had one tail light on each side. Had badges on the lower ft. fenders, don't remember what they were now. (383 police int. motor, push button) He sold it at Chryslers at Carslile years ago. Even the "stationary ramped bed" car hauler too. He has been trying to track it down lately.

If it was a Plymouth that would be the Savoy Model. Savoy had the break lights as standard with the back up lights as options. Belvedere had both with the third parking light standard on the Fury.

Beautiful Dart there Hemihead!! I love the color :)

that is a beautiful color hemihead,that is the same color I was thinking of going with,do you know what the color code is? I've got a 69 hp super commando I'm having built for her.still got along way to with all the resto I'm doing.keep em comin!!!!!!!!!!

Own three 1962 4 door: 2 Savoy, 1 Belvedere

Selling one driveable nice Savoy and the Belvedere rolling chassis. The Savoy is a daily driver, low miles originial 225 slant six with pushbutton auto, everytning works including the dome light and the tube radio.We have all the chrome with all new clips too! Just took it off for son to do minor body work and getting ready for paint. It is in white primer right now. Asking 8k, negotiable a little. The rolling chassis of the Belvedere is a 318 rebuildable block with awesome floor and trunk and frame but needs cowl repair. The pics are before we coated it in rustfix primer and black rattle can to keep it from rusting anymore. Asking 1400 firm for it. For you welders out there it would be cake to get a perfect car from the two. Or buy the chassis for a max wedge build. Only in a hurry to sell the shell and get it out of my driveway, asking 1400 firm for it. The white car asking 8k for it. Car is in NC near Norfolk and Virginia Beach VA. If the shell doesnt sell soon we are going to cut it up for spare panels and frame rails. But because we like to save these cars we are hoping someone will real soon buy it whole. Son was going to save the car, but we cant afford the engine rebuild, thought it just needed a timing chain at worst when we bought it and some heavy cosmetic restoration. Our third car is "Lazarus" the blue car also seen in my avatar on this site. It's been a family car for 30 years, my youngest son will inherit it. We also have some 318 engine parts, radiator and brown interior door panels for sale that wont work in the other two cars from the Belvedere. Not trying to make money off it either, just hoping to recoup what I spent to buy it, get it here, parts on ebbay etc. . Otherwise keeping the other spare parts, my son wants to keep the Blue car forever. He is hoping he and his future family beat the neighborhood 5 generation 1931 Model A!

Attachments

• dad christmas 021.jpg
    dad christmas 021.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 426
  • dad christmas 034.jpg
    dad christmas 034.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 435
  • Mary in the Garage.jpg
    Mary in the Garage.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 433
  • lazarus, scott fixing job.jpg
    lazarus, scott fixing job.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 435
  • dad christmas 027.jpg
    dad christmas 027.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 444
Max Wedge Sedan

Here's my '62 Savoy Max Wedge Sedan:

Attachments

• DSC00855.JPG
    DSC00855.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 534
"62 Sport fury Convertible

Here's my '62 Sport Fury Convertible:

Attachments

• DSC00099.JPG
    DSC00099.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 462
  • DSC00042.JPG
    DSC00042.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 564
'62 Max Wedge Sedan

Here's the under-hood shot:

Attachments

• Sedan motor 4.JPG
    Sedan motor 4.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 448
Wow, fabulous cars there Rick62 - and two of them to boot. I love the subtle look of the hardtop! There was a fellow at the Myrtle Beach show last year that had a super nice black convertable Fury like yours but he had a big crate Hemi in it. Beautiful car. Tell us some more about them!

Auto Transport Service
Back