• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's a hell of a thing....

As usual, a great story from Ed! Happy to hear all went well aside from all the waiting games. Good to have you back! ruffcut
Thanks, but it's greed that fuels me - I want to see that gorgeous Plymouth of yours completed!

Glad you made so well, patches!!! LOL
Another cool scar or two to add to the collection for sure, thanks.
Tell ya what though - so far, the blood pressure cuff and IV site are both more bruised than anything else.
They told me that was from the scrum. Sure, whatever works for 'em. :)

Good to hear that you made it through it. Not so good for the nursing staff by the sounds of it. LOL!

Good to hear that you made it through it. Not so good for the nursing staff by the sounds of it. LOL!
Yeah, I sort of feel bad about that part, even though they spent a lot of time explaining to me it wasn't
anything my fault. Still feel like it was....
Whatever that inner thing is that will not allow me to stay down, even if I know consciously it's best to do so...
man, it's scary sometimes.

You took your phone to pre OP. Lol.
Your crackin me up Ed.
Very glad all is well and done, that wrestling match in recovery was prob them trying to keep you from messing up all the docs hard work.:D
I hear you on the pain pills , I'm not real big on them ethire but did use a few the 1st couple days.
Glad your back home.

Happy to hear your all good! I didn’t know you were going to have surgery. I have to have mine done, it’s been 5 years. I call it my little alien. Just have to make the time. Take care sir and take it easy.

Your nurse?

841c6ce14be31aad69e6e693279b583761daf7c3.jpg

I call it my little alien.
Thanks. That's a pretty good descriptor, right there. :)
You took your phone to pre OP. Lol.
You're cracking me up Ed.
Very glad all is well and done, that wrestling match in recovery was prob them trying to keep you from messing up all the docs hard work.:D
I hear you on the pain pills , I'm not real big on them either but did use a few the 1st couple days.
Glad your back home.
Thanks, my friend.
Yeah, thank heavens on the cell phone as it turned out.
Nothing else to do, sitting there....and sitting....and sitting....
Here it is, first morning after. Spent the night in the chair. They warned me that would probably happen.
Couldn't tolerate lying down, in any position....no worries, I doze in chairs easy. :)
I definitely feel it a lot more today, but it's fitting in the "bucket" with all the rest ok for now.
OTC stuff is holding steady. :thumbsup:

Thanks, my friend.
Here it is, first morning after. Spent the night in the chair. They warned me that would probably happen.
Couldn't tolerate lying down, in any position....no worries, I doze in chairs easy. :)
I definitely feel it a lot more today, but it's fitting in the "bucket" with all the rest ok for now.
Good to hear it turned out well and you are on the mend.

Thanks, my friend.
Glad your on the mend !
Little ice on it from time to time helps also Ed as you prob allready know.
Take it easy buddy.

Turns out, "Day 2" is proving to be quite a different one - for good and bad reasons.
Bad part is, the sumbeech actually does hurt today - but it's tolerable enough that I'm
still refusing the wife's painkiller orders.
The good parts are several - she went on errands to town today and I insisted on tagging along.
That went fine for the most part, with it reminding me only occasionally not to do this or turn that
way.
But boy, is it sore to the touch! Can't bump into anything straight on. Wowsah...

Last good part came before showering, when all the dressings and such were removed.
The surgeon did what looks to be a great job - no more space alien heads in my belly button and
the stitches are mostly all arranged in a sort of arch over top of it.
Lots of bruising and swelling and such, but other than that, apparently things went well. :thumbsup:
Last part of the equation will be when the plumbing gets to working normally again, something
he told me would take time, as the "innards" get pretty beat up as part of this too.
All in all, not too bad.
Gonna have some more cool scars, too. :)

Good job, Ed. Knew you would do well.
Ah thanks brother, but really - do we actually "do" anything in these situations, other than follow orders
(well, ok, maybe some of them anyways) and ride the damn thing out?
Doc did say the second day after was going to be worse than the first, as all the residual drugs and such
get worked out of the area and out of you in general.
I can now attest to that this morning - in spades.
Man, no twisty-turning, no sneezing, no coughing, nothing that requires temporary flexing or repositioning
of abdominal muscles (all half-dozen layers of them) or.....yeeeouch.

He laughed then when I told him "no painkillers", but they made sure my wife brought some with her,
unbeknownst to me at the time - but still, I'm not gonna.
I'm hellbent on that.
HELL no.

Last part of the equation will be when the plumbing gets to working normally again, something
he told me would take time, as the "innards" get pretty beat up as part of this too.
Glad you made it through Ed. :thumbsup: My experience with this was that you have to let gravity do the work. :carrot:No Pushing…

Glad you made it through Ed. :thumbsup: My experience with this was that you have to let gravity do the work. :carrot:No Pushing…
Oops... :)
I don't want to get too much more graphic here, but it did take some "concentrated effort" shall we say. :)
A testing of the waters, as it were - I only gave it what it felt like it could take, which was borderline too
much, but was ultimately successful.
The cool part about it was that unlike before the surgery, the push was felt much deeper, like behind the
ab walls instead of out front like with the hernia. I take that as a good sign, too.

Hang in there. It will be a tough "stretch" but it will end. :) The pain killer thing is admirable, but sometimes there are acceptable causes to use these drugs.
Thank ya man. I'm sort of mental about the drug thing, I acknowledge - but as much as that goes,
one thing all the past cancers and surgeries and all that crap have developed in me is an advanced
"pain bucket" - I have all sorts of ways of carrying a full bucket of the stuff.
What do they call that - "coping"? Something like that.

Thank ya man. I'm sort of mental about the drug thing, I acknowledge - but as much as that goes,
one thing all the past cancers and surgeries and all that crap have developed in me is an advanced
"pain bucket" - I have all sorts of ways of carrying a full bucket of the stuff.
What do they call that - "coping"? Something like that.
No sense getting hooked on opiods just because you feel better on them. I was on x-tra strength Tylenol a couple days after my heart surgery. I felt pretty good and didn't need anything stronger. (or want anything stronger)

No sense getting hooked on opiods just because you feel better on them. I was on x-tra strength Tylenol a couple days after my heart surgery. I felt pretty good and didn't need anything stronger. (or want anything stronger)
There ya go. I'm an Advil/Alieve guy myself (Tylenol does zero for me for whatever reason), but same deal.

Auto Transport Service
Back