• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's a hell of a thing....

EPILOGUE:
It's been a couple weeks now and I just got a good look at the surgical area (in the mirror)
yesterday for the first time.
My wife had kept me from doing so up until then, saying it would freak me out.

Turns out - she was right. :eek::eek::eek:
Looks like a bad sci-fi movie down there....

It's not pretty is what I'm saying - downright scary, really - but both she and the surgeon
say it's actually improving nicely.
He tells me it was one of his more "invasive" procedures in recent memory, what with old
scar tissue from previous (cancer) surgeries in the area and all. They go through six layers
of muscle and diaphragm and catgut and whatever else is down there, put everything from
your innards back on the right side of all that, then put a big ol' round mesh patch in there
to get that rascal to stay on the good side of things.
Stitches inside, stiches on the underside of the closure (but nothing but human glue on the outside!).

All that means is that it was more than he bargained for before he started, but he handled it fine
and I'll be ok eventually - just going to take time (and y'all know how I am with patience...).
Kills me I can't do much of anything work-wise right now - and I can't drive Fred, despite the
really nice weather we have currently!!
Hell, I'm not supposed to pick up 10 pounds for crying out loud....
Not that I'm that good at listening to instructions, either... :lol:

Gonna be some cool scars to add to the collection, though.:thumbsup:
Oh....and the oxy-whatevers that my wife filled the prescription on "because doc says you'll
need them"?
They're still full in the bottle and stuffed in my desk. Forever. :)
Glad your doing good Ed, it was a year ago this month I got my twins fixed, mesh for both. 12 months later good as new.

All went well. Dealing with the after pain. I'll post more when I'm up to it. No I didn't beat up any OR or Recovery staff :)

Signing off for now.
Oh sure, take the easy shot... :lol:
Glad you're still amongst us top-dwellers, fellow gut-holed one. :thumbsup:

Glad your doing good Ed, it was a year ago this month I got my twins fixed, mesh for both. 12 months later good as new.
Thanks my friend.
Mercy, that wasn't fun I bet. I still have the one side to look forward to, if heredity is any indication.

Oh sure, take the easy shot... :lol:
Glad you're still amongst us top-dwellers, fellow gut-holed one. :thumbsup:

Well it was my first surgery ever. I had six stitches in my finger once. Thinking going robotic and the quick recovery it's quite the pain the first 48 to 72 hours. I have nothing to compare it too so I guess I'm just riding it out. This afternoon I'm getting around a lot better. Still some little side effects from the anesthesia.

The hospital staff was great, very helpful, very professional. I wasn't in the waiting room for ten minutes after arriving at 10:30am and they took me back for prep. That took about fifteen minutes and I was wheeled into the OR. I saw a guy hooking up a lead on my right side and another laying my arm onto a board, same side. Next thing I knew I was opening my eyes and looking at a clock on the wall, 12:50 pm. First thing I did was check for a bandage on my naval and there wasn't one. That meant it was more than likely just the standard procedure with no complications.

Things didn't really start hurting till later that night. Things swell up and things get stiff. Laying flat on my back with ice packs on my stomach was the best relief. Getting up and down and walking is the worst. Doing just a little better with those pains today. No way am I driving yet as they say you could do so after three days :rolleyes:. Maybe some can but not this old bird. Enough typing for now.

Well it was my first surgery ever. I had six stitches in my finger once. Thinking going robotic and the quick recovery it's quite the pain the first 48 to 72 hours. I have nothing to compare it too so I guess I'm just riding it out. This afternoon I'm getting around a lot better. Still some little side effects from the anesthesia.

The hospital staff was great, very helpful, very professional. I wasn't in the waiting room for ten minutes after arriving at 10:30am and they took me back for prep. That took about fifteen minutes and I was wheeled into the OR. I saw a guy hooking up a lead on my right side and another laying my arm onto a board, same side. Next thing I knew I was opening my eyes and looking at a clock on the wall, 12:50 pm. First thing I did was check for a bandage on my naval and there wasn't one. That meant it was more than likely just the standard procedure with no complications.

Things didn't really start hurting till later that night. Things swell up and things get stiff. Laying flat on my back with ice packs on my stomach was the best relief. Getting up and down and walking is the worst. Doing just a little better with those pains today. No way am I driving yet as they say you could do so after three days :rolleyes:. Maybe some can but not this old bird. Enough typing for now.
Thanks for updating us and I'm very glad to hear things went/are going well for you, my friend!
I won't bother you on the texting for a bit, promise. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back