• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's a hell of a thing....

moparedtn

I got your Staff Member riiiight heeeere...
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Paraphrasing Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven:
"It's a hell of a thing, letting a stranger operate on you in a hospital.
He can take away all you've got...and all you're gonna ever have."

Yes, quite the dramatic way of saying I'm going in for surgery tomorrow, eh?

You'd think after all I've seen medically, an umbilical hernia (abdominal hernia)
repair would be easy peasy, right?
Well, not so much in my case - it's because of all the past surgeries and such that
things get a little dicey, apparently.
Regardless, it needs to get done before it gets worse.

I'd like to say a fella almost gets used to this sort of thing after a while -
and this should be routine stuff - it usually is with younger, healthier folks I'm told...
But something is setting off my spidey sense this time and I can't put my finger
on it for the life of me.

Eh, maybe I'm just getting antsy in my advancing age....
Reckon we'll find out in the morning either way.
Y'all be well out there and I appreciate every dang one of you.
Know that.
- Ed

unforgiven.jpg

"It's a hell of a thing; killin' a man. You take away everything he ever had... and ever would have."

Last edited:
Hey, You've gotta trust somebody! Hopefully the Surgeon makes you feel
comfortable and you have some level of trust in his abilities. Looking foward
to seeing you on the other side! Good luck!

Ed, I like to think that if there is any true equilibrium in the universe, after the stuff you have dealt with already, this will come out okay. Wishing you well.

I had rotator cuff surgery 2 years ago and during my last visit before the surgery I asked the doctor if he could remove a small mole I had on my forehead, he said sure I can after he looked at it. I said well while you are at it could you lengthen this a few inches….. he face went beet red and I lost it!
You will be ok Ed, we are all pulling for you.

That's the ONLY surgery I've ever had... good luck Ed !
Did they do "conventional" or "robotic"? Makes me sort of nervous this hospital doesn't do the robotics,
which supposedly lead to less invasive and quicker recovery?

Man with a knife... and nurses laughing at my little pecker...
:rofl::rofl:
Oh come on now...
Tell me when to stop asking questions.... but where/how big was yours and how long did it take to get
functional again afterwards?

:rofl::rofl:
Oh come on now...
Tell me when to stop asking questions.... but where/how big was yours and how long did it take to get
functional again afterwards?
Almost 20 years ago. I had to hold my belly button in to take a dump or my intestines would pop out. Was told not to do anything for 6 months... I'm sure the procedure has come a long way since then....

had that surgery 2 years ago I was 52 healthy. I woke up in recovery and was helped off the bed and stood up very slowly could immediately feel that my inner core was patched, felt solid again, didn't realize how much I lost having that hernia. Took a while to heal be careful i didn't lift anything for a while, was a vast improvement on my part. Very glad I had that done. best wishes.

Everything will be fine. I wish you all the best in your recovery. Were counting on you being back here posting real soon.

I was off work since last January. Surgery middle of May. Back at doing normal things in Sept.
I put trust and faith in the Surgeon. And went in with expectations everything would be fine.

Prayer goes out to you!! In all the procedures I've had....which isn't many so far....the doctor doing the procedure put me at ease and even joked about it. If they don't joke around.....then you need to worry.....or start the jokes yourself!! :D Be at ease.....God has you covered.

Godspeed Ed. You'll be back to bench-pressing 8-3/4" pumpkins from under the car in no time.
:usflag::praying:

Best wishes, I'm sure you'll be just fine!
Will be thinking about you.......

May Our Father in Heaven bless and watch over you! Remember, if He brings you to it, He'll get you through it! Praying for you.

Just pre-operation jitters, Ed. I am sure things will be fine. I had this done years ago, and was off work for 6 weeks. My worst one was for colin cancer, where the doc's took about a foot of exhaust pipe out of me. I had the cutest little nurse looking after me, but one day she had to reach down and pull the catheter out of my withered old dick. I couldn' t look her in the eye for a couple of days. You will be back to yourself and posting again in no time. Take care.

Auto Transport Service
Back