• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Its been forever

Kimber67

Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
I haven't posted a thing on here since september but some things have been getting done on my 67 Belvedere. It was a tough winter but finally got my guy to get off his a$$ and help me finish this thing! Kept the 318 and put a Edelbrock Performer intake and a holley 600 4 barrel in place of the old 2 barrel. It runs great! Even did my first burnout due to peer pressure. I know the fender looks lumpy but its fixed now and looks great.

Attachments

• belv 003.jpg
    belv 003.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 360
  • belv 013.jpg
    belv 013.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 373
  • belv 017.jpg
    belv 017.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 353
Ready to cruise!

Attachments

• After paint 004.jpg
    After paint 004.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 258
Looks great Kimber67!
It's the work performed in the driveways of the world that keeps this hobby alive...and when theres a garage at the end of the driveway...theres NO stopping us!!! :D

another one back from the edge of extinction,color looks awsome,nice job.

How'd he keep the paint off the door panels and interior?! Looks excellent for a DIY job.

How'd he keep the paint off the door panels and interior?! Looks excellent for a DIY job.

I know he masked at the door seals around and under the doors and thinned the paint a lot, adjusted the gun to a pin point spray and turned the pressure waaaay down. Kind of like a big airbrush I guess. It really looks great in person too! I love it and of course I picked the color (and sanded til I couldn't raise my arms.) We've painted a lot of cars (his) in that old garage and he gets better everytime. This time he tried something he saw on one of the hotrod shows where on the 2nd or 3rd coat instead of a 4-1-1 ratio of just color-activator-reducer he mixed 3-1-1-1 with the 2nd "1" being clear coat and then after that going 2-2-1-1 and 1-3-1-1 and so on until the last 2 coats was just clear. I have to say it seems to have worked.

I know he masked at the door seals around and under the doors and thinned the paint a lot, adjusted the gun to a pin point spray and turned the pressure waaaay down. Kind of like a big airbrush I guess. It really looks great in person too! I love it and of course I picked the color (and sanded til I couldn't raise my arms.) We've painted a lot of cars (his) in that old garage and he gets better everytime. This time he tried something he saw on one of the hotrod shows where on the 2nd or 3rd coat instead of a 4-1-1 ratio of just color-activator-reducer he mixed 3-1-1-1 with the 2nd "1" being clear coat and then after that going 2-2-1-1 and 1-3-1-1 and so on until the last 2 coats was just clear. I have to say it seems to have worked.

Interesting. ( the paint ratio's)

One more of the engine that got dressed up a bit. This was in progress so you'll notice some things un hooked lol

Attachments

• mopar motor.jpg
    mopar motor.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 250
Auto Transport Service
Back