• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've been scarce around here lately. Here is what happened.

A few posts back, I mentioned that there were NO lasting effects of the fall.
One that has developed a few months back....The partial lack of a filter that we all are supposed to have that keeps us from just saying what we actually think.
Oddly, for me it is in regards to how I interact with women.
Several times over the past few months, when I see a pretty woman, I blurt right out how beautiful that I think she is, then I walk away.
I don't know exactly how they feel about it because I'm usually haven't stayed around to see.
Today I saw a really "robust" woman that was at work at a store. I told her that she had a great smile. I said that she surely brightens the mood for those she works with.
WHY am I doing this?
I'm not insulting anyone or telling them anything negative, I'm not offering unwanted massages or big hugs either.
I'm not sniffing their hair either.

A few posts back, I mentioned that there were NO lasting effects of the fall.
One that has developed a few months back....The partial lack of a filter that we all are supposed to have that keeps us from just saying what we actually think.
Oddly, for me it is in regards to how I interact with women.
Several times over the past few months, when I see a pretty woman, I blurt right out how beautiful that I think she is, then I walk away.
I don't know exactly how they feel about it because I'm usually haven't stayed around to see.
Today I saw a really "robust" woman that was at work at a store. I told her that she had a great smile. I said that she surely brightens the mood for those she works with.
WHY am I doing this?
I'm not insulting anyone or telling them anything negative, I'm not offering unwanted massages or big hugs either.
I'm not sniffing their hair either.

You're not doing anything
wrong here, KD. Good
looking women thrive on
the attention, but you can
bet, if they've drawn your
intrest, (being a visual to
your standards), have
someone in their lives
who thinks the same.

I'm a psychologist who
just happened to stay at
a Holiday Inn last night.

My yuppie son and I were going into an event and I told the young girl taking money she had cool hair.
It was green or blue. Can't remember.
She had lots of bling on too.
As we walked on my son said what I did was creepy.
He told me he had been with his friends on some work trip at a resort when he had told an older woman that he liked her paisley pants.
His friends told him what he did was creepy.
I told my son his friends were the ones with the problem, not him.
But if I ever crossed the line between nice old geezer and creepy old man to let me know.

1706875754222.png

Walking up to people these days, making any comment is not socially acceptable in the woke world we live in, period. Times have changed, and so must we, unfortunately, that's a fact.

KD must be quite the charmer :rolleyes:
My lawyer has told me, in this new world, he has a few cases of this happening and people using it as an opportunity to enrich themselves. The word intimated is a money winner in this new world.

My lawyer has told me, in this new world, he has a few cases of this happening and people using it as an opportunity to enrich themselves. The word intimated is a money winner in this new world.
I find it interesting that really nasty stuff I was told to either ignore or laugh off as a kid nearly became a felony in Connecticut a few years back. Much like the process of backing a tractor trailer, it seems the tendency is always to over correct.

I find it interesting that really nasty stuff I was told to either ignore or laugh off as a kid nearly became a felony in Connecticut a few years back. Much like the process of backing a tractor trailer, it seems the tendency is always to over correct.
Well said. I know you know what I'm talking about. They can ruin your life in a heart beat. As I have said before, I have a story about that!!

Walking up to people these days, making any comment is not socially acceptable in the woke world we live in, period. Times have changed, and so must we, unfortunately, that's a fact.
Fork the woke world.....I will also continue to hand out compliments but usually casual conversation is how I express my compliments.

Fork the woke world.....I will also continue to hand out compliments but usually casual conversation is how I express my compliments.
My wife has a huge feminist, woke and I'll stop there, cousin in Washington DC. She's a lawyer that makes HUGE money. She's the only person I'm afraid of. I have watched her in action and she will rip a man apart. She's not a lesbian, but has a rainbow flag in her front yard and ate the neighbor for breakfast for making a comment about it.

My wife has a huge feminist, woke and I'll stop there, cousin in Washington DC. She's a lawyer that makes HUGE money. She's the only person I'm afraid of. I have watched her in action and she will rip a man apart. She's not a lesbian, but has a rainbow flag in her front yard and ate the neighbor for breakfast for making a comment about it.
Not a funny topic, but my somewhat odd life experience is making me chuckle as I read this stuff. When I attended law school in the early 80s, my class was filled with angry women with an axe to grind. Personally, all I was really looking for was a better life than driving a truck. I considered using my education to prevent folks from crapping on me a fringe benefit. Deep down, I knew I didn't want the degree as badly as those aggrieved women, and not surprisingly, most of them kicked my butt academically. A much smaller group outdid me professionally as well, and they were truly fearsome creatures. Our current culture has given them more to feed on.

As I've posted earlier, my spouse is totally woke, which has always made for an odd dynamic in our family. This weekend we are visiting her younger brother in Texas, who leans the other way, to put it mildly. I will get some cheap thrills watching them interact, but I have to be careful to stay on the sidelines, and not jump into the fray.

Ironically, my wife's views on physical disability provide a stark contrast to woke orthodoxy. She's stuck in a 1950s narrative, feeling they need to be overcome, or kept out of sight. When I started using the chair two years ago, she initially threw a fit. I got a kick out of watching friends and family call her out on it, but I've tried not to gloat.

I would be afraid of that cousin too!! Sounds like a good one to stay away from.....

I would be afraid of that cousin too!! Sounds like a good one to stay away from.....
You have no idea! You wouldn't believe what she did to her ex-husband or helping educate pregnant Mexican women how to come across the border to give birth.

Not a funny topic, but my somewhat odd life experience is making me chuckle as I read this stuff. When I attended law school in the early 80s, my class was filled with angry women with an axe to grind. Personally, all I was really looking for was a better life than driving a truck. I considered using my education to prevent folks from crapping on me a fringe benefit. Deep down, I knew I didn't want the degree as badly as those aggrieved women, and not surprisingly, most of them kicked my butt academically. A much smaller group outdid me professionally as well, and they were truly fearsome creatures. Our current culture has given them more to feed on.

As I've posted earlier, my spouse is totally woke, which has always made for an odd dynamic in our family. This weekend we are visiting her younger brother in Texas, who leans the other way, to put it mildly. I will get some cheap thrills watching them interact, but I have to be careful to stay on the sidelines, and not jump into the fray.

Ironically, my wife's views on physical disability provide a stark contrast to woke orthodoxy. She's stuck in a 1950s narrative, feeling they need to be overcome, or kept out of sight. When I started using the chair two years ago, she initially threw a fit. I got a kick out of watching friends and family call her out on it, but I've tried not to gloat.
This reminds me of my sister who is 4 years older than me....and always felt 'superior' over anything I ever did going back as far as I can remember. Not too long ago we got to talking about the Bible and she says she didn't believe in it since it was written by 'men'. I stayed quiet for about 2 seconds before breaking out in laughter and then asked her to name one book that WASN'T written by men or wo-men! One of the very few times that she didn't have a come back. Another time that I could hardly hold it in was when my dad had a bad heart attack and since dad's heart doctor talked with a lisp, she thought she was above him and started asking him some questions that she shouldn't have and he set her straight and did it fast and still used good manners doing it. I wanted to ask her if she messed with someone that was way above her intellect but I just bit my tongue beings we were trying to be civil to each during that time.....

You have no idea! You wouldn't believe what she did to her ex-husband or helping educate pregnant Mexican women how to come across the border to give birth.
I've been around a few of those kinds......and didn't spend much time getting the heck out of Dodge!

Auto Transport Service
Back