• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacking Instruction Decal Location

Cliff426

Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
RE: 69 Roadrunner….Is there an exact spot on the inside trunk lid that the Jacking instruction decal is supposed to be? Or were they basically slapped on as they went down the line? Thanks…any location photos appreciated

RE: 69 Roadrunner….Is there an exact spot on the inside trunk lid that the Jacking instruction decal is supposed to be? Or were they basically slapped on as they went down the line? Thanks…any location photos appreciated

I have a 62 Dodge 440 was asking the same question.

The one I have on my trunk lid is on the passenger side, upper portion.

don't know if that's where it's supposed to go, but it looks like it's been there a while...

I have several pictures of production cars in my library at home. I agree with MarPar. I can provide pics later today.

The one I have on my trunk lid is on the passenger side, upper portion.

don't know if that's where it's supposed to go, but it looks like it's been there a while...

- - - Updated - - -

Try this. http://images.classiccars.com/classifieds/513072_17059713_1969_Plymouth_Road%2bRunner.jpg

Not a 60 RR but between my brothers and my 66-300's, they were in different spots. I guess it all depends on where the sticker slapper person put them. I would say anywhere on the larger flat area on the upper portion of the truck would be easier to read than down low. Has the trunk been restored/painted? Can you see where sticker gunk could have been? Put it there if your **** about how it was when new.

Mine was on drivers side, guess it depends on the factory and the day? maybe even the worker or supervisor or plant line instructions? Narrow it down to the plant then ask for pics of those cars much easier to get correct then.

I'd say they are almost always on the passenger side but where exactly is in question.
Here is what I'm finding.
5790-Trunk-Lid.jpg

mopp-1203-07%2B1969-plymouth-road-runner-hidden-treasures%2Btrunk-view.jpg

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

Here's a pic of mine. It's a 70 tho. Looks like the only spot it fits.

1385_3.JPG

wow, thanks for all the great responses…that white RR trunk is great, good resource for the crayon marking on trunk and spare tire as well….I assume that owner was a veteran!! My car is St Louis plant…wonder if the guy was a lefty or righty the day it came down the line in January 69, lol… Thanks again, i will probably put it in the same spot all those photos ODZking sent…also looking forward to seeing paladin06 photos as well. And NJRR it looks like that would be the likely spot on a 70….I guess 69 and down they didn't care to much to make a decal to fit in one of the triangle flat spots.

In both my Road Runner and Charger, the decal was on the passenger side. They were both original when I got the cars, neither of them were straight with the world though.

Mine in my 65 which is original is on the drivers side and looks like the guy had a 6 pack in him when he slapped it on (by how crooked it is).

Auto Transport Service
Back