• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Janis Joplin - Born this day in 1943

Imperial One

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:06 PM
Reaction score
I was listening to Janis Joplin earlier this week on Spotify and that took me down a "rabbit hole" and I found that today was Janis' birthday. She would have been 78 today. She has always been a favourite of mine. No one quite like her.

Long after Janis' death I found out that two members of her band, The Full Tillt Boogie Band, were from Stratford, Ontario - just 35 miles down the road from me. John Till, the guitar player, still plays from time to time in the area. And I saw keyboardist Ken Pearson a year or two ago at the Aeolian Hall in London, ON.

I'm sure that most of us have seen pictures of Janis' Porsche. Here is it again:

janis-joplin-s-porsche-356-is-for-sale-1476933940713-935x640.jpg

The car sold in 2015 for $1.76 million! Here's a link from Rolling Stone about that:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...orsche-brings-1-76-million-at-auction-185379/

Last edited:
Love me some Janis Joplin! Gone far too early. 440'

Sure isn't anyone like her... Thank goodness:eek:. Like fingernails on a chalkboard!

Sure isn't anyone like her... Thank goodness:eek:. Like fingernails on a chalkboard!
I admit that music is a very subjective thing. What YOU like, I may not.
I cannot stand the work of this woman. I do not see the appeal. I love classic Rock though.
Maybe it is Female singers that I don't like. Heart, Joan Jett. Lita Ford. Pat Benatar was okay but I wouldn't pay to see her back then.
I do like Jefferson Airplane and Starship.

out of respect (for the dead) Happy BD Janis
drugs culture & music
my other thoughts I won't share

Saw her in concert at the University of Tennessee while in college. Not a great fan but she put on one of the best concerts I have ever attended. Backed up by Josh browns Blues Band and they were great also

I love most any music, but, she couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

Auto Transport Service
Back