• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jay Leno just took delivery of his Demon 170

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
The race to go green is hitting some speed bumps.

But Hollywood legend Jay Leno is proving the muscle car is not dead yet.

And Jay Leno just took delivery of this first of its kind muscle car from Dodge and it’s a real beast.

It turns out the fears of the great muscle car’s demise were premature.

He fell in love with the car​

Renowned television host, comedian, and well-known automotive enthusiast Jay Leno fell in love with the new Dodge Challenger Demon 170.

He first spotted the car at its unveiling in Las Vegas.

Leno even took it for a spin with Dodge brand CEO Tim Kuniskis, and learned what makes this Demon of a car so fantastic and unique.

In fact, Leno liked it so much he decided to purchase the car for himself.

In a recent video posted by DPCcars, Leno is shown as he takes delivery of a ravishing Octane Red Dodge Challenger Demon 170 at the famous Vinsetta Garage restaurant on Woodward Avenue.

Leno became the first customer to take possession of the new Demon.

According to an article in Muscle Cars and Trucks, the car was delivered to Leno after the company announced “an innovative range of co-branded car care commodities consisting of Direct Connection, Dodge’s performance products division, and the distinguished realm of Jay Leno’s Garage.”

“In a strike towards a fresh initiative, over twenty premier car detailing and car wash items will come under the Direct Connection/Jay Leno’s Garage banner. A Direct Connection quick detailer, Direct Connection Interior detailer, and Direct Connection all-purpose cleaner will be included. However, that’s just a glimpse into an even more comprehensive lineup. Not that anyone should be surprised, as it’s no secret that Leno takes excellent care of his cars,” the article added.

How many Dodge Demons will be made?​

But beyond the exquisite care package in the deal with Leno, the Dodge Demon is special all on its own.

Considering that Jay Leno’s Garage is known for its many top-tier automobiles, it shouldn’t be too surprising the 1,025-horsepower Demon 170 has joined his collection.

This is just one of many Dodge Demon 170s to be produced by the muscle car manufacturer.

Though reservations were accepted shortly after it was revealed, Kuniskis recently spoke with Muscle Cars and Trucks and said there’s a chance Dodge’s 3,300 unit production goal might not be met by the December 31, 2023 goal.

“I don’t know. I don’t know. I was very, very, very careful . . . when we launched the Demon that I said that we want to build 3,300,” Kuniskis told the magazine. “Everyone keeps saying we’re building 3,300, but I’m like, ‘guys, I never told you we’d build 3,300.’ I said, ‘up to,’ and I don’t know if we’ll get there. If everything goes smooth, yeah, we’ll hit it.”

For now, Leno has his.

Hopefully more will be ready for delivery soon.

The race to go green is hitting some speed bumps.

But Hollywood legend Jay Leno is proving the muscle car is not dead yet.

And Jay Leno just took delivery of this first of its kind muscle car from Dodge and it’s a real beast.

It turns out the fears of the great muscle car’s demise were premature.

He fell in love with the car​

Renowned television host, comedian, and well-known automotive enthusiast Jay Leno fell in love with the new Dodge Challenger Demon 170.

He first spotted the car at its unveiling in Las Vegas.

Leno even took it for a spin with Dodge brand CEO Tim Kuniskis, and learned what makes this Demon of a car so fantastic and unique.

In fact, Leno liked it so much he decided to purchase the car for himself.

In a recent video posted by DPCcars, Leno is shown as he takes delivery of a ravishing Octane Red Dodge Challenger Demon 170 at the famous Vinsetta Garage restaurant on Woodward Avenue.

Leno became the first customer to take possession of the new Demon.

According to an article in Muscle Cars and Trucks, the car was delivered to Leno after the company announced “an innovative range of co-branded car care commodities consisting of Direct Connection, Dodge’s performance products division, and the distinguished realm of Jay Leno’s Garage.”

“In a strike towards a fresh initiative, over twenty premier car detailing and car wash items will come under the Direct Connection/Jay Leno’s Garage banner. A Direct Connection quick detailer, Direct Connection Interior detailer, and Direct Connection all-purpose cleaner will be included. However, that’s just a glimpse into an even more comprehensive lineup. Not that anyone should be surprised, as it’s no secret that Leno takes excellent care of his cars,” the article added.

How many Dodge Demons will be made?​

But beyond the exquisite care package in the deal with Leno, the Dodge Demon is special all on its own.

Considering that Jay Leno’s Garage is known for its many top-tier automobiles, it shouldn’t be too surprising the 1,025-horsepower Demon 170 has joined his collection.

This is just one of many Dodge Demon 170s to be produced by the muscle car manufacturer.

Though reservations were accepted shortly after it was revealed, Kuniskis recently spoke with Muscle Cars and Trucks and said there’s a chance Dodge’s 3,300 unit production goal might not be met by the December 31, 2023 goal.

“I don’t know. I don’t know. I was very, very, very careful . . . when we launched the Demon that I said that we want to build 3,300,” Kuniskis told the magazine. “Everyone keeps saying we’re building 3,300, but I’m like, ‘guys, I never told you we’d build 3,300.’ I said, ‘up to,’ and I don’t know if we’ll get there. If everything goes smooth, yeah, we’ll hit it.”

For now, Leno has his.

Hopefully more will be ready for delivery soon.

[/URL]

I`d have one if I had the coin...

If it could be bought for under sticker, I would, but the dealers aren’t going to be pricing them that way.

If you got money, anything can happen......

Pa-lease…..
I was a kid when I think that **** started. Remember the 1976 Cadillac Eldorado convertible… that was supposed to be the last American made convertible. Many were bought and mothballed. Up until January 2021, you could get a basically unused one for $25k. Like everything else they are double that now. And still a terrible investment, as they stickered at $13k back then and didn’t even keep up with inflation. The same thing happened 2 years later with the 1978 “Pace Car” Corvettes. You still see them pop up with low miles and plastic covered seats. I remember a guy that owned a junkyard and bought 8 of the Pace Car Vettes. Only 2 of them had the L82 and were both automatic. :(

Must be good to be Jay, have his $$$ & pull

PITA taking care of all that **** too...
He has a full staff to do it for him...

I'd love to have one 'Demon 170'
I'd still rather have a TRX, I don't want to pay that sticker price
the Demon 170 is (?) now 3 times that cost...

I don't have any room anyway...

cool to see them, in good hands like Jay too

& it's not a 'wide body' (on the front anyway) with them fuglyass fender flares

Last edited:
If it could be bought for under sticker, I would, but the dealers aren’t going to be pricing them that way.
or at least the advertised "suggested" sales price MSRP
& not the marked-up dealers gouge, near triple priced...

or at least the advertised "suggested" sales price MSRP
& not the marked-up dealers gouge, near triple priced...
It seems like a lot of the ones for sale online are just a 100% markup of the sticker… for a car they don’t even have yet. So basically paying double for a place in line. Ridiculous.

Here’s an example.

And another.

& I'd bet Jay got 'the good dude 'deal' on it too,
even with all his $$$$
People that don't need 'the good dude 'deal',
have plenty of $$$, get deals, up pee-ons pay retail
or don't buy...

That viscous cycle today, not what you know, it's who...

They (Dodge-Stellantis, SRT :blah: ) knew he'd also be a marketing tool...

the haves vs the have-nots, us pee-ons

This one just sold.

And this one back in June.

$230K is better than $350k, still too much
Double the sticker? I don’t remember anything going for that much a premium when new. I gotta admit… I don’t understand it.

Double the sticker? I don’t remember anything going for that much a premium when new. I gotta admit… I don’t understand it.
Greed...

Gouging mentality...

they know 'some people', will pay it too

I was talking to a guy at recent MoparFest here in Ontario that drives for the car transporter company that delivers Stellantis products. He delivered this Challenger for Jay Leno. He said he was extra careful and nervous backing this off the trailer. He said Jay was quite excited to take delivery of his new Hot Rod. He said Jay treated him very well, taking pictures with him. Small world.

Auto Transport Service
Back