• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jay Leno just took delivery of his Demon 170

1,025 horsepower! ...and most of them will sit in a climate controlled garage,under a car cover. Owned by Richie Rich, who has no idea how to drive a car with that much power.

Greed...

Gouging mentality...

they know 'some people', will pay it too
We won't be around to see it, but I wonder how this will play out five decades in the future.

Five decades ago, I stood in the Clark Motor Company showroom, and argued with my dad that the three cars on the floor would be worth a fortune down the road. They were: a 1970 Superbird, a 1970 Moulin Rouge AAR 'Cuda, and a 1969 Hemi Road Runner. Owner Bill Clark couldn't give them away at the time. I know for sure that he discounted the Superbird and the Road Runner to $3500 each to move them. Bill kept his '69 GTX, rather than sell it at a loss. I played that card right - I own it today. Dad's prediction: he thought the Darts and Valiants would become valuable, after being recognized for leading the trend away from land yachts.

I found it amusing, that a few years later, '76 Cadillac Eldorados were selling at a premium over retail, being hyped at the "last American convertible," and in 2000, PT Cruisers also drew extra money. Left me a bit skeptical of "instant" classics commanding a premium over retail.

Last edited:
DC7195F8-9B52-48D4-8FE8-2CBB63E0961B.jpeg

https://www.dancumminschryslerdodgejeep.com/new-vehicles/?q=Challenger&idx=high_to_low&_dFR[type][0]=New&_paymentType=our_price

Found this info on another car forum.
I bought my 22 NBRE at DC for less than MSRP. If I could get a SS at MSRP, I’d buy one

Auto Transport Service
Back