• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jegs Ignition Conversion Kit

go for it man, i bought it at full price and still love it......way better than the lean burn i had.......one word of caution though before you throw the new distributor out in frustration make sure the gap setting is EXACT! because if its open any more than it should it wont work

Last week I installed the Jegs 555-40031 for the 273-360 application (I have a 360). The instructions are written for an 8th grader, the kit came with EVERYTHING needed and after setting the timing, it runs like a top. I agree with TJGP360 in that you need to verify the air gap. Do not assume they gapped it correctly from the factory. I listened to my instinct and sure enough, the gap was set right at its highes limit. Gapping it is easy. Long story short, that kit is well worth it.

go for it man, i bought it at full price and still love it......way better than the lean burn i had.......one word of caution though before you throw the new distributor out in frustration make sure the gap setting is EXACT! because if its open any more than it should it wont work

Last week I installed the Jegs 555-40031 for the 273-360 application (I have a 360). The instructions are written for an 8th grader, the kit came with EVERYTHING needed and after setting the timing, it runs like a top. I agree with TJGP360 in that you need to verify the air gap. Do not assume they gapped it correctly from the factory. I listened to my instinct and sure enough, the gap was set right at its highes limit. Gapping it is easy. Long story short, that kit is well worth it.

Yay, some replies!!

Thanks guys, great to hear, as for $160 it is a steal.

Here in Oz (Australia that is, not the land with a wonderful wizard where Dorothy from Kansas ended up), a place stocks the MP version, at $460!!

I'm also buying wheels and tyres from Jegs and freighting them over and all up I'm saving over $500...

I have been running the jegs system for five plus years or so and no problems as of yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back