• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jegs Sport Star 69 Coronet

dyoung747

Local time
11:34 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for confirmation as the info seems to be all over the place. I have a 1969 Dodge Coronet 500, all stock.

Would like to mount the Jegs Sport Star 5x4.5 wheels with 15x7 in front & 15x10 in back. What offset & backspacing do I need to fit without rubbing? Any recommended largest tire to combo for Street/strip use. I really like the Mickey Indy SS tires.
JEGS 66072: Sport Star 5-Spoke Wheel [Size: 15" x 8"] Polished - JEGS High Performance
TIA

15x7 with a 4.25" bs will fit the front. 15x10 will work in the rear, but the backspacing will have to be dead nuts. Every car is a bit different, so you will have to measure carefully. They will be between 5" and 5.5" backspace.

@Dennis H , you will have to explain the big red "X".

Looks like they offer in 15x10
4.5” backspacing
5.5”
6.5”

The 15x7 in just 4.0”
Those 15x7's will work on the front. As far as the 15x10's, either get the 5.5 bs and run spacers if needed, or do some measuring on your car and see if they will make custom backspace wheels for you. Best to measure first to see what you need for sure.

Late to the party.
2nd Hunt2elk. Get the 5.5 backspace. (For those who are hung up on "offset" bullshit, those are zero offset.). Imo, too much backspace is ALWAYS preferable to too little. Too much? Spacers can put the tire EXACTLYwhere you want it. Too little? Tire size is restricted, or the tire crashes into the fender.
(Frankly, I would run 8s or 8 1/2 on the back.)

I like 8's on the back myself.

My 69 coronet 1a (1).jpg

074.jpg

Still love the colors on that beige Bee, Mike. I could even live with the keystones, even though I don't care for them generally.
Sorry to hear you don't have it anymore.

Still love the colors on that beige Bee, Mike. I could even live with the keystones, even though I don't care for them generally.
Sorry to hear you don't have it anymore.
It is still in town somewhere I have heard. It is Y3 Cream. Kind of an odd color but it looks good with the top and interior color. A set of Magnums would look good as well.

It's a Dodge ... 5.5" BS will be just fine. If it were a Plymouth it would be very close on the outside. Dodges are wider in the quarters and have the inner wheelhouses to match and can take the 5.5 with room to spare.

And you can use a tire with a 12.5 cross section like M/T 28 x 12.5/15LT. On a Dodge you can also safely go a little taller, like a 29"

It's a Dodge ... 5.5" BS will be just fine. If it were a Plymouth it would be very close on the outside. Dodges are wider in the quarters and have the inner wheelhouses to match and can take the 5.5 with room to spare.

And you can use a tire with a 12.5 cross section like M/T 28 x 12.5/15LT. On a Dodge you can also safely go a little taller, like a 29"
I am not going to give you the bed red "X", but am going to disagree with you on that statement. All these cars are a bit different and why a guy has to carefully measure for themselves.
On my 69 Bee, 15x10 295/50/15. I have 5.375" backspace and both sides will rub on the inner fender when going up or down into a driveway. 5.5" would make it even worse.
On my 69 Road Runner, 15x10 275/60/15. I am close to the outer wheel lips with 5.25" backspace, and am going to swap them out for 5.5".
Both cars have Strange 60 rearends.

Last edited:
In hindsight ... I bought these wheels/tires from a guy with a Charger and I got a set of wheel spacers with them. So from this I conclude that the inside might be an issue BUT there will be plenty of room on the outside. The spacers are 1/2" thick.

Auto Transport Service
Back