• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jegs, the Famous Auto Parts Catalog Company, Sold to Private Equity Firm

Sounds like more "China" parts for "performance market" OR a way to GET RID OF AFTERMARKET "PERFORMANCE" parts requiring OE car manufacturing "performance" parts?? Are we heading in the direction of the "classics" in Cuba that used USSR/Russian parts to keep em running but we will be using China parts.

Last edited:
What ^^ pretty much everyone said. not good. The question is how, not if, they'll screw up that company. Will they still send out free hats :eek: ?

Sounds like more "China" parts for "performance market" OR a way to GET RID OF AFTERMARKET "PERFORMANCE" parts requiring OE car manufacturing "performance" parts?? Are we heading in the direction of the "classics" in Cuba that used USSR/Russian parts to keep em running but we will be using China parts.
This was the feeling in the mid 70's with the muscle cars too... It was over... WE all see what happened, so you never know......

I haven't bought from Jegs for a long time...
I prefer Summit Racing & get my parts way quicker
with far fewer hassles & mistakes or backorders...
I get my stuff in 2 days or less, even up here...

Yes, it's too bad;
the Coughlin family chose to & sold out/cashed out
(still retains a minority share :jackoff:)
on an empire, that their grandfather built from the ground up...

I don't know anything about the new owners either

Yup,
For us West Coast guys and Gals...
Sumitt Racing Wherehouse is in Sparks NV

I swear I have ordered one day and received the next!

Jeggies?
Columbus Ohio, takes more than a week to get there

AND:
I dont need Reading Glasses to read the Sumitt Racing Catalog
Jeg's is such small font......

Just saying....

:thumbsup:

Embarrassed to say I have a heck of a time working Jegs website, where Summits is much easier, at least for me.....
My experience is ALL BAD when your GREAT company sells out to a large company... Especially for the employees....
JELD WEN bought a company I worked for, You see their doors and windows at depot and lowes..,,, 90 days later all the management quit.. UH OH, I thought, thats a bad sign.... Yup it was.......

Maybe they know something we don't.

I give 2 years and Jegs will be no more. I agree with an earlier statement that with the new electric **** being rammed down our throats it’s a matter of time the aftermarket retailers will fall. Look at the whole big picture, legislation against our hobby, rising costs, guys getting older, and the younger people notice and want nothing to do with this hobby. THEY rather drive electric **** and sip 5$ lattes. Just my thoughts, what do I know, HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!

Monthly sales will all be about batteries for your new electric car. They will have different colors so you can pick the performance level you want. Two years and gone.

I know I'm computer illiterate, but Jegs website is hard to use. Summit's was better it has went downhill in recent years.
Both sit a couple hours west of me so most things are here next day. Guess I'll be losing one of the choices though.

Know them. They bought the company I work for a while back then flipped it for many, many millions more.

Their board is composed of major heavy hitter CEOs, ex-Boieng, Rolls Royce etc. No guarantee of anything, except competence.

I'm now done with Jegs forever! I ordered 2 packages of MSD 90* ignition wire boots. Holley (owns MSD) shipped one (shipped directly from vendor). Tried to find my order on the Jegs web site, came back order not found (even though I copy/pasted the number from the Jegs email). Got on the phone and waited...

4 HOURS ON HOLD

to get a live person. 20 seconds into the conversation...

SHE HUNG UP ON ME!

DONE!!!!

Jegs website is utter garbage. Step one for takeover company: fix the website. Maybe Jegs will survive.

I thought they closed, after they were sold by the Original owners ?

As I used to tell my bosses and co-workers years ago when our 150-year-old company was bought
out by a megalo-corporation:
"Nobody buys you to leave you alone".
Anybody remember the story of Tyco and Dennis Kozlowski? Yep, that was them.

Side note: I never cared for Jegs' website. I find the navigation of same to not be intuitive at all.
Summit has them covered in that regard.

I'm now done with Jegs forever! I ordered 2 packages of MSD 90* ignition wire boots. Holley (owns MSD) shipped one (shipped directly from vendor). Tried to find my order on the Jegs web site, came back order not found (even though I copy/pasted the number from the Jegs email). Got on the phone and waited...

4 HOURS ON HOLD

to get a live person. 20 seconds into the conversation...

SHE HUNG UP ON ME!

DONE!!!!
Mike, I’ve found the best way to get a hold of Jegs is to use their instant messaging. Down at the bottom right hand corner that I circled in blue. It only took me 30 seconds to get a response.

E30919DB-A31B-4A89-947F-78F28994C8C5.jpeg

I just recently placed a fair sized order of an assortment of items. No issue and it was on my porch 4 days later.

I have used both Jegs and Summit over the years.
Like most of you, Summit has seemed like the better vendor. More on hand inventory and way less drop shipping.

Auto Transport Service
Back