• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jimmy Buffett will not be down

RIP Jimmy , did not see that coming.

On a serious note, I am in awe how he amassed a fortune and cult following based on just one song. That is some GREAT marketing!
Having seventeen charting singles and eighteen charting albums (six were in the top five, two were #1) probably helped. And acting in twenty eight movies in bit parts probably earned a little more. :)

Reading through this thread it's obvious Jimmy was special... His music wasn't serious, it was all about having a good time... Lord knows we could use a lot more good times.... RIP Jimmy, you will be missed... Might have to head out to Margaritaville in Jimmy's memory later today....

Wife and I have been too multiple of his concerts and its ALWAYS a party.

Some good ones to. I'm not a huge fan persay. But do like his stuff

I was involved with a Band in Chicago, where we shared the stage with him and Tanya Tucker. He was interviewing for his next Coral Reefer Band and was considering them for just such a gig. Didn't materialize but I always remained a Parrot Head to this day. Sadly too many are heading to the big stage upstairs but what a Band it will be!!! RIP Jimmy...cr8crshr/Bill:praying::praying::praying::usflag::usflag::usflag:

The song 'Come Monday' is about being away at a gig on Labor Day Weekend, and how everything will be alright "come Monday".

Not this time. RIP.

RIP Jimi you had a good run at our age you can hear them calling

Always was a Jimmy Buffet fan. He was also an author. I enjoyed where is Joe Merchant. 1 wild R/T is correct. Jimmy's songs were happy good time type songs. We need more of that these days. RiP

First thing I heard on the radio this morning.

If only we all could be so lucky as to make a fortune doing what we loved.

Margarita currently in hand.

Also- 73 is WAY too young.

Guy lived a great life and seemed like a genuine good guy. On one of our trips to St. John A week before Jimmy was there playing from a boat to a small group of people which started to get rowdy so Jimmy invited some of them to go out on his boat. She said she got picked and ended up out on the boat drinking and listening to him play and that it was something she will never forget.
RIP Jimmy!

Favorite songs
One particular harbor
Far side of the world
I want to go back to cartagena
Floridays
Pascagoula run
And some more
We will miss him

My old girlfriend broke Jimmy Buffet's leg.

She was working at a ski rental place in Aspen and set his bindings too tight. She kind of got in trouble because he had broken his leg once before and she should have set them pretty loose.

View out the window of Margaritaville in Capitola....

IMG_8239.jpg

RIP. Most fun we ever had at a concert, he was a master of making people feel good. We'll all meet in Margaritaville some day and have a Hurricane.

Auto Transport Service
Back