• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

junk mail

you guys answer your phone to unknown numbers? I let it ring, then block em
I usually pick up and then wait for a voice. If they start talking I either play dumb, or unload some vile expletives upon them.
I heard my kids do the same recently. :lol: There are some Indian woman getting a real education these days thanks to me. :D

Junk mail and every other kind of mail is down substantially which spells trouble for USPS. They can’t make money even during heyday times. This virus thing is going knock them off. That would be a tragedy. Congress will probably float the. Again but nothing is goi g to change. I see them going private soon.

Where do we keep getting all this coin to keep floating everything. Are they just printing money literally? Hate to see the new tax rates when this is all over.....

Last edited:
Maybe it's just late in the night for me, but why do we NEED the USPS? I dont do coupons, I dont look at junk mail, all of my bills are paid online, parcels can be handled by UPS, FedEx, etc. I see them as an unnecessary anachronism that will annoyingly get trillions of dollars in a bailout...

Maybe it's just late in the night for me, but why do we NEED the USPS? I dont do coupons, I dont look at junk mail, all of my bills are paid online, parcels can be handled by UPS, FedEx, etc. I see them as an unnecessary anachronism that will annoyingly get trillions of dollars in a bailout...
Maybe if they end up going private a lot of the unnecessary stuff will be eliminated. But keep in mind it’s not just those of us that don’t get much benefit from the USPS - business does need them. There is still tons of stuff that comes by mail. If they were eliminated that would make for another valuable option the wouldn’t be there for competitive reasons. FedEx and UPS would have a license to steal more than they already do. We need USPS in some form.

Will UPS FedX deliver to Tinbuktu Alaska? Think not but USPS needs changes for sure.

Maybe if they FedEx and UPS would have a license to steal more than they already do.

actually, they would have to compete.......and unless they conspire (which is possible) competition would find the fair market price

I'm sure there's many, many older folks/seniors
that don't do online or paperless billing

they still need their mail, some don't know any different
it's their only lifeline

the US mail service of some sort is a necessity to many, if not most

only someone so absorbed by their own ways of doing stuff
paying their bills, contacting people, communicating etc.
would think it's not a partial necessity, even in todays tech. age

nobody needs Junk Mail
Congress especially the freaken' worthless House,
could do a bill/pass it & send it down to the Senate...
THAT's THEIR FUCKEN' JOB,
they were elected to do
IF they weren't self absorbed with bitter hatred for losing
& wasting all their time chasing partisan bias, constant obvious hatred,
chasing fairytales/conspiracy/lies or another suit/trials/hearings BS constantly...

Maybe just maybe, they could actually do something about it
instead of these stupid 'nothing burger investigations', waste of taxpayer $$
or bias BS, these constant hearings/trials, suits or cases,
all with little if no proof of any crimes :blah: :blah: :blah:
all of which are mostly just innuendos, political bias/speculations & conjecture driven BS...

All of those reasons, that waste far more $$$, then even the USPS ever did/does
wasted $$$ constantly & DAILY political bias driven BS :icon_fU:

:soapbox:

Last edited:
I think it's agreed that some people do need the USPS. So there is a reason for it to exist.

Now, whether you actually read some of your junk mail or find it annoying, the USPS needs it. They get paid to deliver it, and unlike some government agencies, they don't survive on tax money; they run off the revenue that they generate by delivering mail. And although they may charge less than first class rates to handle it, they process more 'advertising mail' than people's letters.

Personally, I find that a week's worth of junk mail can heat the fireplace for about twenty minutes on a cold winter's day. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back