• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Junkyard find ?

74Satellite

Local time
3:59 AM
Reaction score
Well I went to a junk yard u-pull-it here in Longview just to see what was there. I bee-lined for the chrysler section and spotted an older dark green car (Arent they always green). At first blush I thought it was a late 70's Cordoba or Magnum. As I got closer the emblem on the drivers fender said Charger, looked inside and the door panel said charger. Opened the door and the build date was '77. Up until today, I had no idea dodge made Chargers in 1977. Learn something new everyday.

Car was pretty solid, missing a couple dash pieces and the vinyl quarter roof was shredded. Still had the original 360 in it as well as trans. Couldnt get a good look at the trans as the car is sitting on its brakes with the rims removed. Couldnt get a good look at the rear end either, but I figure its probably a 8 1/4.

Im going to go back and take both the chrome side mirrors off it. They look like the Sport (Bullit) style mirrors.

Well I went to a junk yard u-pull-it here in Longview just to see what was there. I bee-lined for the chrysler section and spotted an older dark green car (Arent they always green). At first blush I thought it was a late 70's Cordoba or Magnum. As I got closer the emblem on the drivers fender said Charger, looked inside and the door panel said charger. Opened the door and the build date was '77. Up until today, I had no idea dodge made Chargers in 1977. Learn something new everyday.

Car was pretty solid, missing a couple dash pieces and the vinyl quarter roof was shredded. Still had the original 360 in it as well as trans. Couldnt get a good look at the trans as the car is sitting on its brakes with the rims removed. Couldnt get a good look at the rear end either, but I figure its probably a 8 1/4.

Im going to go back and take both the chrome side mirrors off it. They look like the Sport (Bullit) style mirrors.

Smiley1.gif
ON always green!!! Could ya just may----beeee take a picture?
please.gif

ill be danged thats a new one on me to, 77? Wonder how many years over 77.. LOVE the junk-yard finds, here in Pa. ya just cant find them anymore it seems at least where im at, once in a great while, thanks for sharing. Ron

I didnt have the dang camera on me today. I am gong to go back in the next couple days and bring the camera with me. If I wasnt already on the wifes bad side Id consider trying to buy it...looked pretty solid without any serious damage. No major pieces body wise missing either.

some 4th Gen cars really look good -get on the wife's good side- buy the car

If it's got buckets, they may be the same or nearly the same as 70-74. If buckets or split bench, seat tracks could be high dollar. If it has a sunroof, that's got a lot of rare parts that interchange with 71-74. Sway bars may work too. If console, lots of parts are the same as slap stik, but it doesn't "slap". I'm sure there is more.

I picked over one in 87 and got leather buckets ans 15" rallye wheels for my Duster:)

P.S. I pulled the 1/4 windows ( clear,not perfect ) and drivers vent window.
FOR SALE pm if interested

P.S. I pulled the 1/4 windows ( clear,not perfect ) and drivers vent window.
FOR SALE pm if interested

Wow! What a shame. Would be interesting to see numbers on different models as to how many still road worthy compared to how many built.

I didnt have the dang camera on me today. I am gong to go back in the next couple days and bring the camera with me. If I wasnt already on the wifes bad side Id consider trying to buy it...looked pretty solid without any serious damage. No major pieces body wise missing either.

Just bring it home put it out behind the garage and throw a tarp over it, maybe she won't notice it for a while.

yes they made chargers in 76/77.they were the same body as the cordoba.

I have one that is white on white with a vinyl half roof and the original wire wheel covers. 318, auto, w/ air.

Yep YY1, thats the car, except green. Has the half vinyl top too. Pretty sure the interior was cloth (Split bench in front) Had the 360 2v in it. GOing to try and go by again tomorrow with the camera. Will see how the day shakes out.

lol, funny, now i remember them, seen enough way back then, just didn't know what it was!~ Thanks for the picture...

I'd sure own that blue one in the link!

The 67 Charger was my first MOPAR, ill tell ya what... it started a love for-em that will never go away. Jumping in that car after a 63 Impala SS was something, they had the inside of pure luxury. Dash lights people still talk about, way ahead of the times... Forget what they actually called them... Anyone who has one or had one knows im sure.
200px-66ChargerDash.gif

This a 66, same thing as 67..

electroluminescence lit, Thats the name they called the lights, if any interested...(66-67 Charger dash lights).

pics of the charger

As promised here are pictures of the 1977 Dodge Charger that I found in the junkyard along with 5 M-bodies that are pretty much complete.

One of the confusing things is all the glass behind rear windshield...all the windows are unbroken..where did all that glass come from?

Attachments

• junkyard 141.jpg
    junkyard 141.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 472
  • junkyard 140.jpg
    junkyard 140.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 460
  • junkyard 142.jpg
    junkyard 142.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 449
  • junkyard 146.jpg
    junkyard 146.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 440
  • junkyard 144.jpg
    junkyard 144.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 480
  • junkyard 143.jpg
    junkyard 143.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 441
  • junkyard 145.jpg
    junkyard 145.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 456
I grabbed the driver side remote mirror, antenna, fender mounted turn signal assemblies, door lock knobs, and glove box door off of it today for $25.

Tomorrow I am going back and grabbing the passenger mirror, cruise control assembly, charcoal canister, overflow reservoir, and rear windshield chrome trim.

Anything else I should grab while I am there?

ThankYou-1.gif

Might have had a back window and the one here was put in place being for that car, and original broke out, of course its anyones guess Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back