• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just bought 72 Satellite Wagon Regent

amar67

Local time
9:44 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum... I just bought a 1972 Satellite Wagon. We used to have a 74 Satellite Custom Wagon when I was a kid. Been looking for a similar one for a while... Found this one and couldn't pass up the opportunity. Need a good bit of work but I'm willing to take some time and do it.

Would love it if you guys can help understand where I can go for some hard to find parts... as of now, I need:

both front fenders
front bumper
front grill
carpet
headliner
I'll take a rear bumper if I can find one but can live with the one I have for now.

I plan to keep the 318 engine as it runs pretty good... but planning on upgrading the wheels and a set of headers and custom dual exhaust to get that muscle car sound and feel... :)

IMG_6184.jpg

:sSig_greetingsthor::welcome:there`s alot people here that will chime in to help you, you can also search some of the of the older post to ,enjoy the site .:headbang:

Cool! Rodney and I almost went to look at that car. Saw it on CL.

Just a tip don't throw anything away, keep everything. Those fenders look usable, unless you can find perfect for cheap!

Nice project! good luck with it, i have a front grill but i think its from a 73... Welcome aboard the dark side :)

LOL, cool car !
My parents had plymouth and chrysler wagons all my life growing up. ( where my mopar blood comes from) Fury II then III with the 383's and 440's

First car I ever illegally got behind the wheel of and tried to drive was a Chrysler wagon w/440 in it very smilar to yours..LOL
I was like 13 and didnt have the balls to go beyond the driveway.. which was like 20 ft long..hahahahaha

Just a tip don't throw anything away, keep everything. Those fenders look usable, unless you can find perfect for cheap!

Thanks! I don't plan on throwing anything away and was hoping to get better stuff... but worst case, I'll start banging on these to straighten them out!

that picture does not do the damage justice...

this one gives you a better view of the bend in the bumper and the crushed fender.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-H6BhDcIzdoI/UChgszqYsXI/AAAAAAAAL3U/WXLCRPBgXME/s144/IMG_6168.JPG

that fender also has a rusted through hole in the typical lower behind the wheel section near the door. But I think I can probably take them off and take them to a shop to have them straightened out and new metal welded in. I was hoping replacements would be easier and cheaper.

Thanks, I'm planning on keeping everything. That picture does not do the damage justice. Here is another picture that shows the bend in the bumper and crushed area over the headlight.

IMG_6168.jpg

How's this project coming along?

Nice wagon. It'll be SWEET when you get it all fixed up... although a part of me says to throw a big block in it and keep the rest as is. Ultimate sleeper wagon!

How's this project coming along?

Coming along nicely! We got it mechanically sound early last year but now the slow and tedious process of finding body parts. We have travelled a lot looking for parts and now finally we got it to the point where it has a new front bumper and we replaced the front right fender with one that is the same color and has the same wood grain but it's damaged. However not as badly as ours was. We also repaired the grill and repainted it silver, polished the paint with a cutting cream and a nice coat of wax. So here is how it looks so far...

BEFORE:

IMG_6159.JPG
IMG_6161.JPG
IMG_6184.JPG
IMG_6158.JPG

AFTER:

IMG_6573.JPG
IMG_6612.JPG
photo%u002525201.JPG
photo%u002525204.JPG
photo%u002525201.JPG
photo%u002525202.JPG
photo%u002525203.JPG

Nice.

Let's see the inside.

Nice.... you watch a lot of reruns of that 70's show don't you?

Funny you say that! I have only seen a couple of episodes but never the car. But I have been told that I need to watch that show... :grin:

- - - Updated - - -

Nice.

Let's see the inside.

Interior --- As far as I know, it's all original! 2 small rips and some fading but no other issues.

BEFORE:

IMG_6160.JPG
IMG_6165.JPG
IMG_6169.JPG

AFTER:

IMG_6594.JPG
IMG_6593.JPG
IMG_6597.JPG
IMG_6598.JPG
IMG_6599.JPG

5 of these buckets were emptied when shampooing the carpet.

IMG_6600.JPG
IMG_6629.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9082.JPG
    IMG_9082.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 313
Cool. I just added to my family. Anymore kids and my bench seat satellite won't be big enough. Might have to look at a wagon myself !

Auto Transport Service
Back