• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUST NEED YOUR OPINION 69 Roadrunner

What color to paint the bird ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just remember with black you have to have every body line straight and smooth or they will stick out like ford at a mopar meet. with red yer looking at a boatload in cost for the paint but a damn sharp looking car, my vote is on the red with the gloss black stripes (gloss stripes give a sleek look and easier to wax and make beautiful). got me an orange one myself and never been happier, so find what color the car shines with and go for it.

Oh i think I forgot to say I really think you should GO WITH RED , and GLOSS black ( maintainence free stripes) :) REEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Attachments

• P9200089.JPG
    P9200089.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 294
I'm a little biased towards J6.

But if I take off my Avocado Gold colored glasses, I'd vote red.

Attachments

• IMG_0955.jpg
    IMG_0955.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 313
Ok, maybe I'm a little bias but I just got this Roadrunner wasn't totally sold on black on black until I went to see it. The black makes the car not look 17 foot long more muscle stocky looking than other colors.

Hope this helps.:icon_fU:

Attachments

• right.jpg
    right.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 294
Ok, maybe I'm a little bias but I just got this Roadrunner wasn't totally sold on black on black until I went to see it. The black makes the car not look 17 foot long more muscle stocky looking than other colors.

Hope this helps.:icon_fU:

NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but red is better , even in 70 , this is one of my babys

Attachments

• PC180340fgrfgrfgtdc.JPG
    PC180340fgrfgrfgtdc.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 291
Lol. You all are killing me. Now im all confused. No not really. I think i would like the black the best myself as well. Just worried about the black showing everything. If i go red i did plan on the gloss black stripes. I still have plenty of time before i get to that decision. Im sure i will change my mind another 50 times between now and then as well. Thanks to the black team. Thanks to the red team. Comments are very appreciated.

Tough decision indeed....You're right, black will show everything..Plan on adding another 20-30% more work to get the body straight enough. If you're not going to handle the body prep, well 20-30% more in body prep labor costs and a bit more consumables. Red...the paint is more pricey. IMO in the end...nothing beats a super straight black muscle car.

w3-8.jpg

Prop yours in phenominal! Your restro pics is what made me think black. My buddy has a black 69rr in town pro street with a lift off hood . If i go black i wouldnt be the only black one in town, but the air grabber hood would definately set them apart. When i asked my wifes opinion of what color , she said red. Then i brought up two pics one red and one of yours. She then said black!. I told her , i thought you said you didnt like black cars. She said it just grew on me. That rr is bad ***!

Thanks 68bee70rr! That's funny man....I was tossing around painting her Ford Performance Red before I decided on black. I showed my wife a few pic's of red RR's and black ones. She said go with the red. Well, needless to say that didn't happen. When the car came back out of paint, she said that she's soooo glad I went with black..LOL

Gotta admit though...That Ford performance red would look great on a 69' Roadrunner. Good luck with your choice...wait till you get to the wheels/tires. Another fun decision

performance_red_2001_mustang_svt_cobra_2-800-600-1.jpg

performance_red_2001_mustang_svt_cobra_5-800-600.jpg

Gee somehow I missed this thread , wow I think you should go with RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: LOL.....Wow, so did I! Black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

414294_2251694717690_Original1-1.jpg

Cant have another green one. Got a 68 green bee.

don't listen to Stu...he loves green. and don't pay any mind to his "it's a '70 color thing"

Auto Transport Service
Back