• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just ordered my Challenger

Nxcoupe

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
So I have always wanted a new Challenger that is all my own and not a lease. So I was in one of my dealers yesterday, and decided to ask them if they would consider selling me one of their allocations of scat pack challengers. The sales manager I spoke to a few years back had moved on, but this guy showed me all their allocation was supposed to have 5k added to it. He went to bat for me and got it for me at employee pricing. The GM agreed that I do a lot for them and they should return the favor. Half the holdback would have been nice, but beggers can't be choosers.
So I ordered a Challenger Scat Pack 1320, Limelight green, auto trans(required for 1320), and passenger seat. I did not get the 1320 plus or any other options. I want to beat the **** out of this car at the track so I don't need any options. All business. Hope it comes in around april or may. I'm pretty excited.

I don't even know what a 1320 is, but if they have to mention that it must come with a passenger seat it must be pretty badass.

I don't even know what a 1320 is, but if they have to mention that it must come with a passenger seat it must be pretty badass.
1320 is a drag race oriented challneger scat pack. Some folks think the 1320 392 comes with more base hp with a slightly tweaked calibration, but the dyno will be the derermining factor on that. It comes with the demon style IRS, trans brake, line lock, rear seat and passenger seat delete. 8HP70 trans, like the demon, and around a 3000 stall converter. Also has a 2 step launch control. I'm pretty excited to get it. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Cool, Not a fan of the new Challengers persay. But still cool.

A buddy of mine in Cincy has a B5 redeye.
I Got in it last year at a local cruise, he tossed me the keys and said take for a drive,,,I refused. I wasnt taking the chance to hurt his 100k hotrod

SO,,,,,he drove and took wife and I a drive. And to say that car is scary fast.,,,,,, is a HUGE understatement.

Last edited:
Cool, Not a fan of the new Challengers persay. But still cool.

A buddy of mine in Cincy hasa B5 redeye.
I Got in it last year ate a local , he tossed me the keys and said take for a drive,,,I refused. I wasnt taking the chance to hurt his 100k hotrod

SO,,,,,he drove and took wife and I a drive. And to say that car is scary fast.,,,,,, is a HUGE understatement.
I wanted one of those but this is pushing my comfort zone as is. I just built the shop and am still putting money into it.

Congrats Nx

I'm not much into newer stuff myself. But of the newer modeled vehicles, the Challenger I think does the best job of representing a glimpse of what old school muscle looks like (No reference to performance there).
Every other manufacturer that tries doesn't quite capture the essence IMO.
Looking forward to seeing what it looks like when you bring it home.
:thumbsup:

Thanks! I did my research for the past 5 years, ever since I decided I wanted one. I have a friend who has one, and he pushed me to get one before they are gone. My wife will be the primary driver as I have a field vehicle and daughter is going to be in a corporate lease, a renegade.
I'm very excited! Still haven't told the wife, she knows I'm getting one, she just doesn't know I pulled the trigger yet. I want to surprise her when it comes in.

You’re fortunate to get a deal on a 23 with all the frenzy going on now. Congrats! Mecum claims to have a Black Ghost on the docket in Kissimmee. Stupid hammer price predicted.

CORRECTION: This is the original 70 from Detroit owned by the Black Veteran that has been widely talked about.

Last edited:
Thanks! I did my research for the past 5 years, ever since I decided I wanted one. I have a friend who has one, and he pushed me to get one before they are gone. My wife will be the primary driver as I have a field vehicle and daughter is going to be in a corporate lease, a renegade.
I'm very excited! Still haven't told the wife, she knows I'm getting one, she just doesn't know I pulled the trigger yet. I want to surprise her when it comes in.
Too bad I already taped up the tail light box or I would have put a note in there and addressed the box to Mrs.... :lol: :luvplace:

Too bad I already taped up the tail light box or I would have put a note in there and addressed the box to Mrs.... :lol: :luvplace:
Haha. BUT, I couldn't hold it in, she asked me if I ordered the car yet and I could not lie, I like big butts! Wait, no, I just couldn't lie, lol.

Congrats on the order/purchase

should be a fun track car...

How long did they say before it comes in ?

A friend of mine is an area manager and he looked up my order and I have a VIN! So ball is rolling......

Congratulations on your new Challenger purchase. The newer Challenger is about the only car I have liked to be produced in 30 years. I have a 12' Classic R/T manual 6 speed. I like it. It's comfortable for every day driving, semi quick, gets decent mileage and all the ladies love them....

IMG_20140724_210408_121 (6).jpg

20160716_125353 (002).jpg

Try to stay out of jail. Follow break in instructions, not easy.

1A4C2AC8-93E1-4EE1-8E89-8696B14C76A4.png

I looked at a 2022 Scat Pack Charger today, in F8 green.

I liked it,,,,A LOT.
But not $68k worth.

Auto Transport Service
Back