• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

K-frame fitment?

If I remember correctly the '66 and newer K frames moved the engine back. However, stated earlier in this post they move the engine forward when used in a '62. Can someone provide a definitive answer? I have a '69 K frame I was planning on using for a big block swap and now am wondering if I am going the wrong direction.

If you have both K members string a line front bolt holes on both K members. Measure back from the line to a motor mount hole on both K members.

It'll phisically fit 62-70. But the idler arm mount uses the single stud used up to 67. The motor mount brackets fit 63-65. If used in a 66 or newer the engine will set forward. 62 uses unique mounts. It would work in a 62 if 63-65 mounts were used.
Doug
If I remember correctly the '66 and newer K frames moved the engine back. However, stated earlier in this post they move the engine forward when used in a '62. Can someone provide a definitive answer? I have a '69 K frame I was planning on using for a big block swap and now am wondering if I am going the wrong direction.
The 66 K's set the engine back in the 65 and older but don't know just how much older. dvw above knows and like Bold and Old proved in post #2, the 65 and older K's will put the engine forward in the 66 and up cars.

when we make Hemi K members from non Hemi K members we use the same fixture for 64-70 When I did my 1965 I had to re drill the tranny mount. It does move it back. The TTI headers fit fine

The 66 K's set the engine back in the 65 and older but don't know just how much older. dvw above knows and like Bold and Old proved in post #2, the 65 and older K's will put the engine forward in the 66 and up cars.
He did not have a 65 K frame he had the correct 67 K frame he put a fan spacer behind the water pump pulley that was his problem. If you use a later k frame in a 65 and down car the cross member has to be modified it’s about 1 5/8 “ difference.

He did not have a 65 K frame he had the correct 67 K frame he put a fan spacer behind the water pump pulley that was his problem. If you use a later k frame in a 65 and down car the cross member has to be modified it’s about 1 5/8 “ difference.
What about the distance that the engine is from the fire wall in his post? Post #2 is the one I was talking about.

It was the camera shot everything
lined up trans ,shifter in the hump ,clutch fork the date was stamped on the k frame ,it was a 67 k frame when he put the fan spacer behind the the water pump pulley and made studs to mounted the fan it pushed it into the radiator that was the whole issue .It was his first mopar.

It was the camera shot everything
lined up trans ,shifter in the hump ,clutch fork the date was stamped on the k frame ,it was a 67 k frame when he put the fan spacer behind the the water pump pulley and made studs to mounted the fan it pushed it into the radiator that was the whole issue .It was his first mopar.
The camera made the engine look that far away from the fire wall?? I've seen some bad camera angles do that kind of stuff but that shot is pretty much straight at it. We are talking about post #2, right? Bold and Old said he was using a Hemi K from from a 65, right? My first thought about that was there wasn't any 65 Hemi cars from the factory....at least not for the average Joe anyways?

Yes, we are talking the same thing. I went down and helped him straighten it all out. He did not really know what he was doing . You could barely get your finger between the firewall in the head.

Auto Transport Service
Back