• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

K-Member ID help (pic)

Mr.Joshua

Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
Figured I would throw this up here and see what you guys think.

My new toy is turning out to be a Frankenstein, to be honest, and I'm pretty sure the K-Member is from another car. I found a stamp that says "LMK 11-1". Googled it and can't find anything. Here's a pic. Any help would be awesome.

5nlt.jpg

Back up and take a pic of the whole K. Look for a washer welded to it with numbers on it.

Couldn't find an ID coin anywhere. Just across from the stamping that I pictured, I did see a "17". Slightly spaced apart. Not sure what that could mean.

If you take a picture of it from the top and bottom it can be identified that way .. by the way it's made

If you take a picture of it from the top and bottom it can be identified that way .. by the way it's made

It's still on the car so hard to get a good view of it. Read that 66-69 K-members had the sway bar mounts in the front as mine does so that might narrow it down.

What makes me really think this is from another car is the lugs are not reversed like they should be on the drivers side. That would indicate it being from something post 1969, right?

a drum is a drum , they can be changed at any time whether its a left or right hand thread. it doesn't mean it belongs to that k member. without decent pictures its a crap shoot. there are no "numbers matching" K members lol

The K-Member should be dated with the install date which should help to answer your question

Auto Transport Service
Back