• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kenny's 72 charger build thread

sgt72charger

Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
Hi every one

I am new to Mopars but ive been a gear head sense i could remember im only 27 years old right now but this is probally my 30th car, but like i said never messed with a mopar so Im taking a lot of time to research.

I am currently a stationed here in the hudson valley area of newyork. so if there is any one in the area that knows there stuff or just wants to grab a beer and give me a hand i appreciate it.
so i sold my last project and literally a week later had this in my garage.

so shes a 72 charger base model one owner from virgina. it was a 318 car with a vinyl top a/c hide away head lights and rear defrost and in triple white. 76 k i have the original title owners manual and build sheet.

I bought the car in really ruff shape, well at least it was for me.
The rear lower quarters were gone. The front and rear vallance were complete trash
no motor, trans or rear taillights or bumper.
The vinyl roof was ripped off and the roof skin was in really bad condition espascially where the vinyl top met the front pilar by the windshield. The lower rockers and wheel wells have random holes but are in salvageble condition
the frame rails and floors are in great condition except for a few pin holes on the drivers side.
The interior was all there but looked and smelled like it had been sitting in a basement for the 20 years.

So sense ive got the car ive media blasted and sanded and disasembled pretty much everything to exclude the rear axel.
Im not looking for a full restoration just something that is more like a drivable street car with a little attitude.

Here some pics of my progress

Attachments

• 2013-03-17_19-18-54_654.jpg
    2013-03-17_19-18-54_654.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 2013-03-10_15-15-12_6.jpg
    2013-03-10_15-15-12_6.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 244
  • 2013-02-25_18-23-41_571-1.jpg
    2013-02-25_18-23-41_571-1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 256
  • 2013-02-25_18-23-30_327.jpg
    2013-02-25_18-23-30_327.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
You can't just post pics and not tell us your plan "what's the plan", color, factory or modified, driver or racer, let's hear it. At any rate "cool car" I like to see the 3rd gens with some fat tires out back and an aggressive stance but then again I like that on everything but fart pipe cars.

Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your Mopar experience. You came to the right place

hi and welcome to the site ,nice project you got going there keep posting any updates :headbang:

You can't just post pics and not tell us your plan "what's the plan", color, factory or modified, driver or racer, let's hear it. At any rate "cool car" I like to see the 3rd gens with some fat tires out back and an aggressive stance but then again I like that on everything but fart pipe cars.

well ive decided on triple black or mx3 dodge viper black. Im having trouble uploading pictures but i already have striped primed, blocked and painted the engine bay.. ill get them up asap. I hate mac's

This Charger will be a nice weekend warrior just some thing i could cruise around in after a long week and scare people with the noise that the 480 CI motor.

I hope that no one gets offended that it wont be a original restoration but its just not practical for me and not what i based my this project on

I have a Mac and no problems. Load your pics to an image hosting site and then load from there. ( photobucket, Imageshack, etc,etc )
Now.......don't let the purists de-rail your plans just do as you please, it's more fun that way. Welcome aboard.......some nice folks on
here that can give you lots of help. 480ci???????

I'm with Superfreak "don't let the purist derail you" there are a few here but for the most part the guys here are pretty open minded and believe a car should be built to your liking. Superfreaks car is a Superfreak "check it out" along with allot of really top notch cars being built here at FBBO. I personally like the plan and it's what I'm doing with mine (driver with allot of a$$).

I'm with Superfreak "don't let the purist derail you" there are a few here but for the most part the guys here are pretty open minded and believe a car should be built to your liking. Superfreaks car is a Superfreak "check it out" along with allot of really top notch cars being built here at FBBO. I personally like the plan and it's what I'm doing with mine (driver with allot of a$$).

X2 sgt72charger - Kenny build it how you want it, drive it like you stole it & damn the rest... is that 480ci. a 4.15" stroker & a 0.040" over 4.290" bore, based on a 383 B-engine build, or some other combo ??... my current engine is a 479ci/383-6bbl

more

heres a few new pics of the build

- - - Updated - - -

more

- - - Updated - - -

more

- - - Updated - - -

more

Attachments

• charger1.jpg
    charger1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 148