• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kickdown Linkage...carb to pivot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dako

Local time
12:19 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for the linkage from the carb, back to the pivot on the rear of the intake manifold. I am working with a `66 Poly 318. Maybe a newer, or older, year will also work? What I really need is the slotted piece at the carb that screws onto the rod. Dumb *** me left the assembly in a shopping cart when I went to Lowes to get metal stock to make a longer rod. By the time I got back (40 minutes later) the cart and rod were not where I had left them. Left my name & number in the slim chance somebody bothered to turn it in (doubtful). Worst case, I guess I will be fabricating out of raw stock. Any help from someone who has a salvaged piece laying around would be greatly appreciated.

I've got one from my 66 coronet with a poly. I cut it to try and make it work on my 440 but decided it was a pain. It is easily usable with a welder. Pay for shipping and it's yours.

Hell if you want it just pm me your info and I'll take care of it. Karma has to be worth a couple bucks to ship it.

Stewsta, Thank you for the kind offer. It's folks like you who help to keep this 'gearhead thing' alive. I just got back from Lowes...the young man who moves carts located it a couple hours later! I had left my info & a description of what I was missing and they actually called me! Hang on to yours. Someone will surely be looking for that piece again.

I'll even weld it back together for someone if needed!

Sweet. I've been meaning to go ahead and weld it back together so I can sell the whole kick down as whole but I'm too lazy to bundle up in a cold garage. Good luck with your ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back