• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kickdown linkage transmission leak and no oil pressure

Your oil pressure Is fine . I had the same issue with my big block. Would not build oil pressure after a drain and refill. Pull the pump and reseal it and use a new pump to block gasket. New O ring on the part of the pump that go's in the block also.

On the trans leak you really need to identify the true leak... Last post you talked about the cable and the kick down lever... Now your back to the lever.... Accept typically the lever doesn't leak or at least not till the car has sat awhile & the convertor has drained back... The kick down lever seal sits above the normal fluid level..... Often the true leak is the rear band anchor & the fluid runs down on the edge of the pan & drips near the shifter/kickdown lever location...
Like I said you really need to identify the true leak.... And trust me it can be a PITA..
I found out today that the leak on the transmission is from the kickdown linkage has play onto the transmission. How should I fix this?

Your oil pressure Is fine . I had the same issue with my big block. Would not build oil pressure after a drain and refill. Pull the pump and reseal it and use a new pump to block gasket. New O ring on the part of the pump that go's in the block also.
Does it matter what kind of oil pump bye-bye and where I get it?

Could be the bypass is sticking. U could try cleaning it. Or put on a new pump. Also there is a washer type seal that goes under the manual shaft seal to take the slop out of the valve body shifter shaft. It’s like putting a washer on to a bolt. They come in a 3 pack from EBay. Kim
I just found out that my leak is from the linkage is this washer sealer
how many miles are on it?
106,000. Supposed to have rebuilt before I bought ....
what is bye-bye?
A type error. Should I buy a high volume or high pressure or it doesn't matter and where should I buy it?

I just said to reseal your existing pump

Auto Transport Service
Back