• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

kickdown rod

Butch 63

Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a new guy and I guess I posted my problem in the wrong fornum. I have a 63 Plymouth Savoy, with a max
Wedge and I can't seem to get my kickdown rod in the right position so that the trans will drop down. I know it is a simple task but I can't remember how to adjust the kickdown rod. I need a little help,:confused: Thanks Butch

Hey butch wecome to the site ,I have a 65 belvedere with the same problem ,the tranny wont down shift,i think what im going to do is adjust the rod a little at a time ,and test drive it.im also looking forward to the replys .there are alot of smart people on this site.
Paul

OK,guys I'm new to this site but maybe I can help.#1 push button or have you changed it? #2 do you have the correct bell crank on the manifold? #3 any mods to the trans? # 4 Max single carb or dual carb? #5 Inline or Cross Ram? Remember Max people HEMI is short for HEMI-roid and we know what a pain they are!! Now I've done it
1 day on the board and made all the Hemi people mad.Sorry folks I'm just a Max man from square 1. kermit

OK,guys I'm new to this site but maybe I can help.#1 push button or have you changed it? #2 do you have the correct bell crank on the manifold? #3 any mods to the trans? # 4 Max single carb or dual carb? #5 Inline or Cross Ram? Remember Max people HEMI is short for HEMI-roid and we know what a pain they are!! Now I've done it
1 day on the board and made all the Hemi people mad.Sorry folks I'm just a Max man from square 1. kermit

Hemi owners Unite ! Let's get him ! just messin' with ya, Kermit , maybe your just green with envy. :tongueflap:

Auto Transport Service
Back