• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Known Good head port service for Mopar?

cj's mopar

Local time
9:11 AM
Reaction score
Hi this might start some arguments
Please not my intention.
Just Ben out of the game for awhile
Not sure if any good Mopar guys still around.
Please list the good Mopar head porters near Chicago.
Specifically with Indy head Experience.
Thanks FBO .

Please not my intention.
Thanks FBO .
In the Minneapolis MN area it's [email protected]. Longtime Mopar cylinder head guy. Did my 63 Max Wedge heads. Doesn't cost anything to ask. Good luck in your search. I also have a friend in Chicago that I will ask who he knows.

Also Pat O'Brian in Chicago says give Mike from High Flow Cylinder Heads a call at 708-396-0505. Tell him Pat O'Brian said to give him a call.

Just use a GOOD cylinder head guy. Why narrow it down to a niche group who only do one style head? FWIW we use Slawko for 99% of my stuff. only thing he never sees is basic rebuild of stock stuff. We also have a guy for Stocker heads.

Cast or aluminum? Radar is semi retired and Woody who did his cast heads passed away last year. 4 hours west of Joliet. Woody did some 273 heads for me.

radar2.jpg

11_14_0.JPEG

041600951718[01].jpg

041600951719[00].jpg

In the Minneapolis MN area it's [email protected]. Longtime Mopar cylinder head guy. Did my 63 Max Wedge heads. Doesn't cost anything to ask. Good luck in your search. I also have a friend in Chicago that I will ask who he knows.
I have worked with Travis. Owner/operator of Knowltons Thunderheads in East Bethel, MN (About a 45 min north of Minneapolis.) The guy knows his stuff around Mopar cylinder heads and engine builds. I think today he focuses on higher performance aluminum heads and cylinder blocks. But I've been pleased with his work in the past. Both Iron and my Brodex B1 heads.

I have worked with Travis. Owner/operator of Knowltons Thunderheads in East Bethel, MN (About a 45 min north of Minneapolis.) The guy knows his stuff around Mopar cylinder heads and engine builds. I think today he focuses on higher performance aluminum heads and cylinder blocks. But I've been pleased with his work in the past. Both Iron and my Brodex B1 heads.

[/URL]
Travis and Chuck are currently rebuilding a motor for me, the second one I have had them do. They are very good, and always have quite a backlog because of that.

Just use a GOOD cylinder head guy. Why narrow it down to a niche group who only do one style head? FWIW we use Slawko for 99% of my stuff. only thing he never sees is basic rebuild of stock stuff. We also have a guy for Stocker heads.
Just looking to get the most out of the Indy heads I have with out and hassles.
Don't want to bother the Chevy guys.
Looking for quality and honesty from mopar guys really.

Well Slawko is one of the very best out there. Just wander around any NHRA pit and ask the guys in Comp who they use. He is not a chevy guy he is a GREAT cylinder head guy

Dwayne Porter knows Indy heads very well but he is in Vermont.
+1 on Dwayne. He’s very good and a real straight shooter. Does a lot of stuff for the F.A.S.T guys. Will also work with you on a good cam+head package for what you really want to accomplish. Not cheap, but very reasonable, especially for the quality level and total lack of drama. He did my Stealth heads for a stock appearing motor. Got me respectable gains for a reasonable cost.

Last edited:
How about Todd Goodwin in Omro Wisconsin ? For years his stuff was highly regarded, not sure any more though. He was very knowledgeable and did a great job on all kinds of vehicles.

Please not my intention.
Thanks FBO .
Is PA close enough for you?

+1 on Dwayne. He’s very good and a real straight shooter. Does a lot of stuff for the F.A.S.T guys. Will also work with you on a good cam+head package for what you really want to accomplish. Not cheap, but very reasonable, especially for the quality level and total lack of drama. He did my Stealth heads for a stock appearing motor. Got me respectable gains for a reasonable cost.
+10 for Dwayne.,Years of porting and top end expert. He is an Indy dealer also.
He can help you put a winning cam and lifter package.DWayne has done more F.A.S.T cars with winning combinations! I consider him a mopar expert!!

Auto Transport Service
Back