• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KP's 70 GTX

kp72

Local time
6:36 AM
Reaction score
Hey, made a little more progress on the GTX. Here are a few pics of the new instrument panel. I've been busy working on the wiring a lot, so I don't have too many interesting pics. They're also hard to capture at 20mph...stupid autometer.

CIMG0553_small.jpg

gtx2.jpg

While I've got that pic up...what is that round opening in the vinyl pad for, the one just below and to the right of my speedo?

That hole on the pad is for the Ignition Switch, 1968 and 1969 models had the switch there, In 1970 they moved it to the steering column so the wheels could be locked, You will need a 68,69 column, if you use a 70 column you will have a switch in the dash and the column unless you do something different.

Gauges look good. A little creativity is a good thing!

Yes, it is 14ga steel, painted satin black.

any more updates on this one ,

Progress is slow right now, I am waiting on my steering gear box from a company called Cardone (they are rebuilding my core). Once I have it rolling again, I'll put the steering wheel and column, along with the rest of the interior, back in. I'll be sure to post pics when I do.

And I'll add that the 70 RR / GTX body is one of my favorites!!!

Thats a 68 dash atleast the pad is, but i still love it. Radio delete i see.

I am considering selling, see post in the classifieds section. I am moving to the DC area and I don't think I can afford a place with a garage up there.

Auto Transport Service
Back