• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L/H Lug Nuts for Torq Thrust D Wheels. Where to find?

TLH101

Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
I am wanting to put a set of Grey Torq Thrust D wheels on my '63 wagon, but don't seem to be having any luck, finding the L/H lug nuts that fit them.
Any ideas for a source?

125390582_870507353484130_5432637411245245996_n.jpg

Last edited:
One question. The old style that use mag lugs, or the new style that use conical lugs? If the latter, just plan on getting longer studs for all four wheels. Longer ones are only available right hand.
Edit: give Cass a call at Dr Diff for a longer stud recommendation.

Last edited:
Got a picture with measurements of what you need?

I believe the Torq Thrust wheels require a flat seat area with extended shank through the wheel, typical Mopar acorn lug nuts will not work on the Torq Thrust's.

If I recall, I got some nice lugs made by "Gorilla" or something like that, but I don't remember if they had LEFT hand thread too. I'll have to check.
The old style did use mag lugs with a washer. The newer style use a conical lug (like a steel wheel) but since the TT wheel centers are so much thicker than a steel wheel, you almost have to change to longer studs with the new style wheels.

I believe the Torq Thrust wheels require a flat seat area with washer and extended shank through the wheel, typical Mopar acorn lug nuts will not work on the Torq Thrust's.

If I recall, I got some nice lugs made by "Gorilla" or something like that for mine, but I don't remember if they had LEFT hand thread too. I'll have to check.
Thank you for the clarification, I wasn't with the style of lugnut that Torque thrust rims required. I went the route of @HEMI-ITIS on my 63 and changed the studs. It's not hard to do, and I have NEVER had a lugnut loosen due to thread direction.

Thank you for the clarification, I wasn't with the style of lugnut that Torque thrust rims required. I went the route of @HEMI-ITIS on my 63 and changed the studs. It's not hard to do, and I have NEVER had a lugnut loosen due to thread direction.

According to 33 IMP, it sounds like the newer Torq Thrusts DO use the conical style (acorn) lugs. I wasn't aware of that either, so you're right too. Changing the studs to all RH would work as well.

I have bought six new tt2 in the last few years, 15x7 16x8 1/2, and a custom offset 15x12. All are designed for conical lug nuts. Fortunately, the cars they go on all had long studs already installed. My studs were all 3" or longer, requiring open end lugs.
If the o.p. still wants lefthand lugs, summit has a pretty good selection. Go to wheels, then lugs, then put lefthand lugs in the search box.

Last edited:
The O.E. studs from 50+ years ago are too short for the conical seat aluminum wheels of today.
First you must measure the knurl diameter of the original stud. Next find a stud that has at least 2'' of thread.
I ordered from Summit, Moroso MOR-46180 1/2''x20x3'' long with a .615 knurl for the "front" drums on my 63.
I may be wrong but I believe the rear axle stud knurl is a different size. I installed aftermarket axles on the rear so I can't help you on those.Sorry for the crappy photo of the front wheel.
IMG_0008.jpg

Last edited:
Another photo of the Torque Thrusts.You can cut the studs to length to use closed end nuts. I run open end.
IMG_0011.jpg

I'm a wheel and tire junky.Change them often. Here is when I had them on my 64 and 65.
Just looks right on the early "B's"
IMG_2736.jpg
IMG_0725.jpg

Cal custom makes a nice closed end 60 degree conical lug nut that takes a 3/4" socket.

Anyone have a part# recommendation for longer studs, front & rear?
Without going to open lug nuts.
69 RR, 4 wheel drums, installing NEW TT's
Thanks in advance!

Auto Transport Service
Back