• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last day.

Ghostrider 67

Jack Stand Racer #6..and proud of it!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:54 AM
Reaction score
I have reached a milestone in my life today. I retire from the US ARMY today Feb 11th after 29 + years of service. To give you an idea of how much the military has changed since I first signed up in May of 1975, there is no formation, no award, no fanfare at all for me today. It would appear that the younger generation has taken over. Sad to see. Now in can sell all of those uniforms!

you know what they say...." Old soldiers never die, they just fade away."

Congrats on an awesome accomplishment.
Thank You for your service...from one Vet to another!

We here at FBBO applaud and celebrate your milestone !! Thank you for your sacrifices and service over all those years. My Dad ( rest his soul ) was in the USAF from 1950 through 1975. They retired him without much fanfare either. But we had a hell of a party for him.

Congrads!
I am proud of you...

I only did 20 yrs for the Air Force
29 years is quite an accomplishement.

As Neil Young says: "it's better to burn out than fade away"
So; Take that mopar of yours and do a BURNOUT! LOL

Thank you for all your years of service. A little recognition would have been nice but I am sure you didn't do it for the glory. :sFl_america2:

Happy retirement and Let the fun begin. Thanks for your service

I got out in the middle for 10 years.
That would be 39+ years. Thank you for your service

- - - Updated - - -

20 years is an accomplishment as well, many don't make it. Thank you.
Congrads!
I am proud of you...

I only did 20 yrs for the Air Force
29 years is quite an accomplishement.

As Neil Young says: "it's better to burn out than fade away"
So; Take that mopar of yours and do a BURNOUT! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

You are correct. I did not. I would have done it anyway, medals and awards or not.
Thank you for all your years of service. A little recognition would have been nice but I am sure you didn't do it for the glory. :sFl_america2:

Thank you very much, your the kind that makes this country great.

congrats . we don't fade away we regroup !

Congratulations on your retirement. A shame no formal ceremony. It not only acknowledges one's career, but is the service members' self acknowledgement that they are no longer in the 'uniform of the day'. Retired (Navy, 21 yrs) and currently working on a Navy base, I can say Sailors still come 'all stop' for the Boatswain to …STAND-BY TO PIPE THE SIDE!!

Thank you for your service!!! I think you will really like retirement, if you have hobby's. I love it. I wish I would have retired right after high school, instead of wasting 41yrs. in the coal mines. Life is good.

Congrats Ghostrider. Despite the break, 20 plus years is quite an accomplishment. I managed 34 years both Active and Reserve with the USAF. There are a number of us older Vets on this site that have seen the demise of what was once a fine and noble calling thanks to this PC BS and the so called "New Breed" of leadership. My Brother, 69a100/Jon is going through his retirement steps right now as I write this. And at every stop, he hits headwall after headwall. They threw him under the bus on this retirement...forced I might add...but he at least will get a nice pension out of it in the end. No wonder we cannot and will not fight for the win anymore. These useless pieces of SH*T that are in command are nothing but traitors and wimps. As was said...we "RE-GROUP" but I will never fade away. Again thanks for your Service Ghostrider...cr8crshr/Tuck

Auto Transport Service
Back