• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last Days for Bonita?

Dibbons

Local time
7:39 PM
Reaction score
Our oldest and dearest pet starting crying for no apparent reason. Now we find there is a growth/tumor growing above her left eye. Seems to be there on top of the skull and not even apparent until one feels around.

The vet does not believe there is any viable treatment. When she scratches there (only a few times a day so far) she cries out in pain. Not a good prognosis, that's for sure (and kind of a strange malady, if you ask me). Actually, she has a few other tumor-like growths under the skin in some other areas now that we examine her further. Already have had a second dog for a few years now (very calm, loving female Doberman), so we won't be alone when the time comes. Anyone else have experience with these sneaky growths popping up on their pets? Thank you.

IMG_0185.jpg

Always sad when I see or hear these types of threads
about out fur babies

poor girl,
hopefully she's not suffering

I hope there's something they can do,
medication for pain if nothing else

I'd also get another opinion if you don't like the one you got
vets are like mechanics, some diagnose stuff better than others
some make mistakes too

good luck to Bonita

Sorry Dibbons,
like budnicks posted perhaps a second opinion ?

Sorry to hear about your pet Bonita. Tumors are fairly common on older dogs. I had a few removed on mine and they grew back aggressively. Manage her pain, lotsa love and treats. 440'

Get a second opinion asap, dogs respond better to quimio therapy than us, besides is not that expensive since the doses are smaller , do not let her suffer, if it is her time to go give her all the love she deserve, the only sin of a dog is the short life span they have.
Ps she is not Bonita, she is Hermosa!!!

Last edited:
So sorry. Had a similar situation with our cat some years back. Got a second opinion and that vet did help her. She lived another good 4 years. Good luck.

Sorry about your dog. I hope you find something for pain. We had a large mixed breed dog grow tumors. When he started showing he was in pain and nothing could be done we had him put down. It was a hard but needed life lesson my son had to learn. Take care I hope things get better.

Aw man, that sucks.

Health issues for our animal friends have increased quite a bit the last couple of years.

One is going in for radioactive iodine treatment at the end of the month.
He's not ready to go yet but conventional treatment for his thyroid condition would put us in the poor house versus this one time 95% successful deal. Just have to deal with a radioactive cat for 2 weeks.

The dog had to have a tooth pulled. $500.

Yes our old little dog has a lot of fatty tumors in various places. Our vet said don't worry about them. Only one seems to bother him on his back leg. It make him run funny and favor his other leg so it must bother him some. Not sure if it is the same thing. We had another dog that had a lump/tumor on his eye that bothered him and we had that removed. The rest of the story is she left a piece of the surgery thread in his eye so that became infected afterwards...

I have a friend who's dog has fatty tumors, but if she is crying in pain when you or her touch them, it's time for you to do the right thing.

Our oldest and dearest pet starting crying for no apparent reason. Now we find there is a growth/tumor growing above her left eye. Seems to be there on top of the skull and not even apparent until one feels around.

The vet does not believe there is any viable treatment. When she scratches there (only a few times a day so far) she cries out in pain. Not a good prognosis, that's for sure (and kind of a strange malady, if you ask me). Actually, she has a few other tumor-like growths under the skin in some other areas now that we examine her further. Already have had a second dog for a few years now (very calm, loving female Doberman), so we won't be alone when the time comes. Anyone else have experience with these sneaky growths popping up on their pets? Thank you.

View attachment 1188372
Thoughts are with you and your pup sir! Hope all goes well! They’re like our kids, it’s hard to see them hurting. Take care!

Health update--Second opinion female veterinarian Dr. Isis really went to work this morning:

Some results came back for the blood analysis which appear to be near normal. Some other results are pending. X-ray of skull found the mass not to be solid, but a built-up of liquid due to an infection from an unknown source. The infection was also found inside her mouth. The patient received a general anesthesia and the site of the malady was opened and drained. Two antibiotics were prescribed and the mandatory cone-head thing will need to be worn for a week or two. Next appointment in 7 days. If the pending lab results discover something new, the current antibiotics may be changed.

I thank my fellow Mopar brethren for you advice and concern. It was definitely the way to go with a second opinion.

Wow.

Chalk one up for second opinions.

View attachment 1188372
Seems to me if it was between the skin and her skull bone it could just be removed. I'm no vet though. My baby girl that is 12 now came up with a tumor on her chest lately but thank god it was just a fatty tumor and nothing to worry about. I know we don't have many years left together and I hate to think about it. Sorry about your baby girl.

Health update--Second opinion female veterinarian Dr. Isis really went to work this morning:

Some results came back for the blood analysis which appear to be near normal. Some other results are pending. X-ray of skull found the mass not to be solid, but a built-up of liquid due to an infection from an unknown source. The infection was also found inside her mouth. The patient received a general anesthesia and the site of the malady was opened and drained. Two antibiotics were prescribed and the mandatory cone-head thing will need to be worn for a week or two. Next appointment in 7 days. If the pending lab results discover something new, the current antibiotics may be changed.

I thank my fellow Mopar brethren for you advice and concern. It was definitely the way to go with a second opinion.
Wonderfull !!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you !!!!

You made my day!! Thanks for the update!

Please go and do this to the first vet ::hifu::elmer: ******* idiot, am so glad Bonita is ok, welcome cone of shame:lol:take care of her spoiled her with a big steak and a hug, they are truly our best friends.

Auto Transport Service
Back