• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mrs Falbos Tiny Town Road Runner SCTV

Spare Parts

Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
Remember SCTV.
There was a skit called Mrs Falbos Tiny Town.
Old lady that drives a 73/74? Road Runner.

SCTV started in Edmonton, Alberta. The car had Alberta plates. I wonder if it’s still around?
Awesome show, by the way. Smoked many a fatty with friends watching that it. There was amazing talent there and lots of the skits are funny still today.

Lots of highly successful alumni from that show.

I remember watching it in the early seasons.

Sure gave SNL a run for it's money.

SNL has stayed on TV for at least 20 years too long. Or maybe I've just gotten too old to enjoy the "humour".

SNL has stayed on TV for at least 20 years too long. Or maybe I've just gotten too old to enjoy the "humour".
I agree, and I think you are correct on both counts.
I watched SNL faithfully, right from the first show decades ago. It had its up and downs, strong casts and weak casts. But what I found most annoying about it was a certain smugness, like if you didn’t like the show it was because you weren’t that smart. I strongly disagree with that view because sometimes it wasn’t because I wasn’t smart but because the show sucked, painfully so. But when it was firing on all cylinders it was magical. It also had some fantastic musical guests and exposed many of us to talent that we would not normally have heard about. Now, not only have I seldom heard of the musical guest but they usually suck, never to be heard from again.
SCTV and some of the comparable Canadian shows weren’t like that. Kids in the Hall, Four on the Floor, and others had some great comedy. Sometimes simpler and less sophisticated and sometimes brilliant and scathing. Perhaps it’s nationalism, perhaps it’s different taste in comedy but I generally preferred the Canadian shows back then to SNL.
Because of wokism I’m not up on current comedy shows so I can’t say if that’s the same situation today. The last really good comedy show that I saw was Dave Chappelles old show and that was a long time ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back