• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

late B body A/C conversion.. need advice!

chargerdan69

Local time
11:07 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Need a little help here. I want to add A/C to my 75 Fury sedan 360 (non A/C car)
I also have a rotted out 79 Cordoba 360, which is a factory A/C car, and everything is there.
So i was thinking that everything would swap over?
Vintage auto air doesn't make any direct fit conversions for late B bodies.
Does anyone out there have any experience with trying to put A/C in one of these late 70s cars? some are saying that all the under dash stuff, and plumbing would be a nightmare.
My initial thinking was that its the same dash and firewall so it should be simple, no?
Others say to get a vintage air "builder kit"
I'd rather use the factory ducting and vents..
so now i don't know what the hell to do, but I'm tired if sweating my *** in that car each summer.
Appreciate any advice

Sounds like a good plan with the donor. I’d go that way. Then again, I do AC for a living.
Check the firewall holes carefully. People always go aftermarket AC, but the factory systems are well engineered. Be careful with any flex ducts, they tear easily if dried out. Good luck!

Sounds like a good plan with the donor. I’d go that way. Then again, I do AC for a living.
Check the firewall holes carefully. People always go aftermarket AC, but the factory systems are well engineered. Be careful with any flex ducts, they tear easily if dried out. Good luck!
Thanks!

I added vintage ac to a 71 charger that was a non ac car.I had the factory ac vents that I found years ago.

20200104_093352.jpg 20200116_060205.jpg 20200314_184249.jpg

Great job!
Is that a kit that you spec’d out
Or is it a direct fit system?

Auto Transport Service
Back