• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

late model hemi into early b bodies

Hey joemac1j, if you ever run into Sara , tell her I said hello! Thanks for the compliment.

Been trying to get the scoop primered, but have had nothing but problems with the gun. Now I have a new gun, so I should be able to test it out this week sometime, thought maybe this weekend, but life gets in the way.

I'm moving the alt. closer to the intake, fabbing brackets for this is a b--tch. Now the fuel rail will need to be modified------does it ever end?

It will get done when it gets done dude.....at least you get to work on it on a fairly regular basis. i wish mine was in my garage but then I wouldn't have all the shop conviniences like I do so it is a fair trade.
What I like is the idea of being able to discuss any issue about my car to the minutest detail having participated in all of the build. You too will have this. Can't wait till we are done and we can park next to each other at Spring Fling and steal the show!
Wrench on Bro!

That will be cool. spring Fling goers would have their socks knocked off. Your car is coming along real nice, always look forward to seeing what you've done.

Just got the pre registration sheet for the Fall Finale in Madera Ca., so I gotta fill it out and send it in, maybe first this year for the under construction class???

Just got the pre registration sheet for the Fall Finale in Madera Ca., so I gotta fill it out and send it in, maybe first this year for the under construction class???

what day is the show this year? I remember seeing your car there last year next to the white polara.

Saturday Oct. 10.

Alt. has been moved closer to the tb. Damn near looks factory. I'll post pics on Monday evening.

Before and after shots, notice how much closer the alt. is? Looks almost factory.

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. 7112009 016.jpg

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. 7112009 037.jpg

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. 08102009 003.jpg

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. 08102009 010.jpg

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. 08102009 012.jpg

A new 105.5 inch belt, and 1 new 2 inch pulley and bingo, damn thing works. So now there is no more belt squealin', chirpin', or squallin', it sure does make a difference not to hear that crap.

Nicely done, 5.7 At times, I wish I had made the selection of a newer engine, when I look at the parts list I've accumulated...a poor mans' Hemi, not in my lifetime.

I own two late model Hemi powered veh., an '04 Ram pickup and an '06 300C and I can tell you, this is one very sweet mopar engine. You're building skills are well tuned.....!

Thanks for the compliment, I do my best at first and then later on I think of how to do it better, man I hate double work. How's your build coming along? I'll post some pics of the final set up with a billet pulley (so I could make that belt work for me) later this week.

...... I do my best at first and then later on I think of how to do it better, man I hate double work. How's your build coming along? I'll post some pics of the final set up with a billet pulley (so I could make that belt work for me) later this week.

Yes sir, I understand completely. The build is moving along pretty well. The bottom of the car is done and painted. I had intentions of filling holes in the inner front wheel wells [i.e., Engine compt.] but after looking over the sheet metal and seeing a repair had not been done well years ago, I have decided to have new metal created for both sides. I have a very good retired sheet metal man living not three blocks from the house, AND, he's a hot rodder...! Don't get better than that... We've come up with an idea I'll be sharing with you guys within a week or two....gonna be cool!

Look forward to seeing the progress.

Hey 5.7, how is the body work coming? have you done any more sanding?

Body work is just that, WORK! I've sanded and primed the scoop sooooooo many times I lost count. It all had to do with the primer coming out grainy-- but I figured out the problem with that. Turns out the cleaner I WAS using was creating static electricity and the primer was balling up on the scoop. So I switched back to lacquer thinner and not a problem. I did shoot 1 piece with the Duplicolor stuff, came out ok. I will get the clear they use for their system and shoot it, if it turns out good, then great, if not then I'll have to save for a proper paint job and lose only a few bucks.

Shot some paint and clear on a couple of test pieces, turned out alright. Now I gotta polish them, so we'll see what happens, but I will say that it's coming along nicely.

Will post pics of scoop (primed, again) and test pieces (painted, buffed/polished) on Monday. My better half had 1 day off and we celebrated my sons 6th b-day, so we were kinda busy.

Auto Transport Service
Back